INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

SailorOfTheSeas

we should be expecting a trailer or a teaser pretty soon right?

greenberryhill

Yeah! Today is may 21  :yabbse-smiley: It´s been two years since The Master´s teaser trailer was released! I´m really excited  :)

Drenk

But The Master was released in september. We can expect a teaser for august.
Ascension.

greenberryhill

That´s right, and if we compare "Her" with "Inherent Vice", "Her" trailer was realesed in early august 2013, so maybe that´s when will´s see a trailer for IV. But i still hope we get some teaser from ALRosePromos sometime around june  :)

Reel

You guys are giving me a headache

Pozer

Yeah, there should be a separate thread titled IRRELEVANT VICE so I won't continue to be let down in this one.

MacGuffin

Or bide your time with SailoroftheSeas newly thought of thread: Top Five PTA trailers While We Wait For The IV Trailer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jenkins

i... GODDAMNIT [kicks a glass door]. i need a doctor

Axolotl

Goddammit, Larry.

But you made me google if something came up in the last 24 hours and I found this(it's Jillian Bell):
QuoteYou're going to be in Inherent Vice, your second movie with Paul Thomas Anderson and Joaquin Phoenix [Jillian played Phoenix's girlfriend in The Master]. What's your role? I confess I haven't read the book, so I don't have any guesses.

I've read just parts of it too. I haven't read the whole thing. It's pretty amazing, though. I need to get through it. I have such a small part in the movie — I loved doing it, I would do anything for Paul Thomas Anderson because he's Paul Thomas Anderson — but they just flew me in just to do a small part as this weird waitress. But I got to do a scene with Benicio Del Toro, who is honestly my favorite actor of all time.

And what about Joaquin Phoenix?

It was him and Benicio.

Why has Paul Thomas Anderson take such a liking to you?

He saw me in Workaholics. He is a huge Workaholics fan, I guess. I mean, his wife is Maya Rudolph, so of course he loves people who do comedy. But I guess he watches Workaholics and, actually, Anders Holm is in Inherent Vice as well and he's in Workaholics. So I think [Paul]'s trying to get all of us in there.

greenberryhill

Two years ago exactly Al Rose Promotions uploaded this teaser! It seems that Warner Bros have a very different marketing plan for IV.

Fernando

Quote from: Sue Kroll
"You're gonna love it. It's the most wonderful movie," says Kroll. "So entertaining, so smart, so fun. I think [it's] different for him but it's a masterpiece. I love it - I think it's my favorite movie of his except Magnolia."

so she's an old school PTA fan...

Lottery

Prez of marketing and distribution eh? Give us a trailer Kroll, instead of rubbing it in our faces.

Normally I would be wary of what a marketing exec would say, but the Magnolia mention adds an element of honesty.

Jeremy Blackman

She's just Krolling us.

Someone delete this post.