NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Pas

SPOILERS FOR LA NOIRE
Oh the missed opportunities!!! When we finally confront the Werewolf, why on earth are we not asked to take a guess at who he really is!!!! Ever since the fruit market case I was CONVINCED the temp barman was the killer. We knew the women were in bars before their murder and I always wanted to connect the dots between that temp barman mentioned in the Latina girl case and the first case at the Bamba club who said he was a temp. I had my doubts that they were one and only and it was the truth. Oh man I would've been proud to shove it in his face that I knew. But no, the game/movie didn't let me work my brain and just fed me the solution. At some point in the production they got all wrapped up in their movie-like game and forgot the game part. I mean, I can't even try to guess who the killer is?! WTF!!!

I have to admit that I thought the barman was in with the police chief. I thought it was something like : The police chief have women who he finds to be whores/low virtue (vagrant, divorce, tramp) and pin the murders on people he hates (pedophile, communist, etc) makes sense.

cronopio 2

polkablues

Dammit, I lent my Portal 2 to my brother after I beat it and started playing LA Noire. I probably won't have it back for a while.  :yabbse-sad:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Hooked on L.A. Noire. I agree with a lot of the critisism I read here, but I'm enjoying it and its been a long time (GTA 4) since I've been hooked on a game.

Also, we just launched a new game on Facebook if anyone cares. It's pretty good game (another kind of game of course)...

http://apps.facebook.com/empiresandallies

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm still hooked on New Vegas.  Granted, I don't play video games much anymore, but when I do, I go for Fallout and I am never disappointed.  Stefen, I remember reading you said you beat it and were somewhat disappointed with it.  Did you just play through the story as quick as you could and skip all the text boxes?  This has, far and away, the deepest plot of all the Fallouts, not to mention, the greatest upgrade to the series: Hardcore mode.  Is anyone else still playing this or did anyone else dig as deeply into this, because I really need to discuss the dozens of missions I've done and have yet to accomplish and otherwise ooze over this stellar game.  LA Noire looks fun, but really, Rockstar has a habit of releasing one-trick ponies that sputter out just in time for the next release.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

I never finished it, but when I first played it, I just found it boring. A couple months ago I restarted it and enjoyed it a lot more. Still not as much as Fallout 3, but a lot more than I initially did. I play it on 360 and it's a pain to bring up the pipboy because there's a small stutter that really throws you off when you're in the middle of combat and want to switch to a weapon you don't have hotkeyed. You press B, but it takes a second to come up, so you press it again, then it comes up and immediately disappears. Then you press it again and it doesn't come up immediately again. It's a pain when you're trying to heal yourself because when you press B and it doesn't come up, then you immediately do it again, it ends up canceling it and you end up dying.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Now that I'm done with LA Noire, I need to get back into New Vegas.  I played it for three weeks back when I first got it and never even got to the actual city.  Too much dicking around.  I need to focus on the actual story missions this time.

cronopio 2

you need to hurry your brother up so that we can get that portal 2 coop thing going.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Out of curiosity, what sort of character are you guys playing / did you play?  Since I'm on hardcore, I wanted to play a Survivalist (to try out the new skill) and it is awesome.  Lots of weapon modding, lots of unique food preparations at the campfires, and otherwise really great with sniping (headshots are so amazing now, especially with a silencer).  Having Boone as an ally is so great, the Spotter perk highlights your enemies as red, which helps a lot when you're trying to snipe, especially at night.  It's like infra-red.  The major downside of Boone is that he'll attack any Legionnaires, Fiends, etc. on site, so it makes it tricky to snipe, I just need to be able to see further than him.

Also, is it me, or is Caravan really easy and fun?  I only have 4 Luck so it's not like I have any advantage, it's just a really straightforward game that NPC's with deep pockets play.  I just max raise every game and I made 12000 caps in about an hour, before I got a little burnt out on it.  I spent that on some expensive stuff, now I'm down to 3000 or so caps, but once I find someone else to play Caravan with, it's incredibly simple to rack up your points in (because for one reason or another, computer players can't lay face cards on your side of the table.  SUCKERS.)

Quote from: S.R. on June 08, 2011, 02:56:23 PM
I never finished it, but when I first played it, I just found it boring. A couple months ago I restarted it and enjoyed it a lot more. Still not as much as Fallout 3, but a lot more than I initially did. I play it on 360 and it's a pain to bring up the pipboy because there's a small stutter that really throws you off when you're in the middle of combat and want to switch to a weapon you don't have hotkeyed. You press B, but it takes a second to come up, so you press it again, then it comes up and immediately disappears. Then you press it again and it doesn't come up immediately again. It's a pain when you're trying to heal yourself because when you press B and it doesn't come up, then you immediately do it again, it ends up canceling it and you end up dying.

That hotkey issue does sound pretty awful, I've never run into that issue on the PS3.  Then again, when you can hotkey 7 weapons, how many more weapons do you need? 

Quote from: polkablues on June 08, 2011, 03:35:14 PM
Now that I'm done with LA Noire, I need to get back into New Vegas.  I played it for three weeks back when I first got it and never even got to the actual city.  Too much dicking around.  I need to focus on the actual story missions this time.

When you get to New Vegas, shit gets real, but honestly all the dicking around is the bread and butter of Fallout. 
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Quote from: walrus, the on June 08, 2011, 03:48:39 PMThat hotkey issue does sound pretty awful, I've never run into that issue on the PS3.  Then again, when you can hotkey 7 weapons, how many more weapons do you need? 

Overall I prefer the 360 controller, but the one beef I have with it is the directional pad. It's garbage. It's easy to press up, down, left and right, but any direction in between is almost impossible, so I would only hotkey 4 weapons otherwise trying to sift through them during fast-paced combat would be an epic fail.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

you all get a Welcome Back email from PSnetwork for two free downloadable PS3 / PSP games due to the whole network being down so long ordeal? that's purdy coo. for the PS3 games, i'm going with InFAMOUS and possibly this WipEout HD Bundle game. anyone have any input on how the latter of the two is?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Honestly, it depends on what you're into, but Little Big Planet is really fun.  Though they're probably giving it away since it's outdated by Little Big Planet 2 which just came out.  WipeoutHD is the for sure one in my book, and I was planning on buying LBP anyway so I may go with that.  But I don't know about the zombie one.  I've heard great thing about  InFamous, so you may want to follow your instincts.

polkablues

I already had Little Big Planet and Infamous, so I downloaded Wipeout (pretty fun, I guess) and Dead Nation (haven't played it yet).  But if you don't have LBP and Infamous, download LBP and Infamous.

Pozer

thanks fellas.

went with those two aforementioned. and of course i'm already a Little Big Planet fanatic.

from a handful of pages back ...

Quote from: Pozer on January 11, 2011, 10:39:58 PM
whooo's excited for next tues?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I went with Wipeout HD and Little Big Planet. 

And not to beat a dead horse, but I've been playing Fallout all afternoon and it's only getting better.  Fallout 3 was immersive, but the amount of missions, although abundant, is nowhere near the amount found here in Vegas.  The strip is something beautiful to behold, but even the world begs so many intensely challenging moral questions, where doing the right thing can empower the wrong people and being selfish can just as easily construct your ultimate downfall.  I doubt I'll ever even have time for Wipeout or LBP, both of which being games that were the best among free options, I will only ever use to be like "YOU WANNA SEE A SWEET GAME ON HD?"  Though, who am I kidding, Wipeout is and always has been the shit.