The Music Genome Project - Pandora.com

Started by Raikus, March 14, 2006, 12:03:07 PM

Raikus

When someone told me about this site I thought it was too good to be true. It has a seemingly unlimited library of music and from bands you can't find/never heard of. It's catalogued the music and defined it in a number of ways. So when you type in a band or a song you like it not only plays that band, but bands that share similiar musical nuances with them and music that may have influenced them. It's streaming and can be run in the background while you're surfing around.

It's all free and an amazing way to seek out new artists and songs you just wouldn't find anywhere else.

Check it out here.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

Oh, yeah.  I meant to post something about this a couple of months ago, but forgot to.  It's an absolutely brilliant concept, it works great, and I've discovered a shitload of bands that I wouldn't have found out about otherwise.  Raves all around.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Weird. Oh

I don't know if I listen to lame obscure shit or something but 3/4 of the bands I typed in didn't come up.....
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Raikus

I tested it with Super Furry Animals, Rhett Miller and Flickerstick the first day I used it. It found SFA and Rhett Miller but had no clue about Flickerstick. Good enough for me.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.