Funny Critic Quote for "Head of State"

Started by Ravi, April 12, 2003, 04:36:14 PM

Ravi

An ad in the paper for "Head of State" has a critic quote from Michael O' Sullivan of the Washington Post/Weekend, saying, "Hilarious...gets my vote for the stupidest fun I've had in a long time."  Seems like a backhanded compliment.

Ghostboy

That reminds me, there was something I was planning on putting in my own review for the film. Chris Rock was quoted in Entertainment Weekly as saying that "If you can manage a supermarket, you can direct a movie." I was going to quote this in my review, and then mention how I'd hate to see what he'd do to a supermarket.

But then I saw the movie and actually mildly enjoyed it, so I felt that I couldn't use that in good concience.

Ravi

Have any negative quotes been used in ad campaigns?  I'd like to see "Two thumbs down!" or "the performances are wooden" on a poster.

Ravi

Jeremy Blackman

The Blue Velvet DVD includes a clip of Siskel & Ebert's review of the movie (one thumb up, one thumb down).

bonanzataz

i have a really bad movie planned out that i really want to make for camp value. if it ever happens and gets picked up, i hope it gets really bad reviews that i could put on the poster. anybody else had this idea, or am i the only one who wants to consciously make really bad films?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bonanzatazi have a really bad movie planned out that i really want to make for camp value. if it ever happens and gets picked up, i hope it gets really bad reviews that i could put on the poster. anybody else had this idea, or am i the only one who wants to consciously make really bad films?

Is it going to be like "Kandi's Gang"... cause that might have been a really cheesy movie, but I could tell that it knew exactly what it was. You could attract a cult following.

Cecil

Quote from: bonanzatazi have a really bad movie planned out that i really want to make for camp value. if it ever happens and gets picked up, i hope it gets really bad reviews that i could put on the poster. anybody else had this idea, or am i the only one who wants to consciously make really bad films?

i would want to make at least one movie where i myself give it a bad review

"self-indulgent, pretentious, artsy bullshit. avoid at all costs" -- cecil b. demented, filmmaker

Psycho Gun Club
a film by cecil b. demented

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. dementedPsycho Gun Club
a film by cecil b. demented

I knew that would be the title of your movie...

Victor

"You know the world's messed up when the most famous golfer's black, the most famous rapper's white, the tallest basketball star is chinese, and the most powerful men in america are named Bush, Dick, and Colin."
                                                            -Mr. Rock
are you gonna eat with us too?

MacGuffin

In the booklet for "Fight Club," it has both the good and bad reviews.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks