Django Unchained

Started by MacGuffin, March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Kellen

Quote from: Neil on December 14, 2012, 03:53:07 PM
interesting word use in that "takes a pair" tv spot. 

"it takes a pair, to take on the master."

sorry qt, but you just don't have the Cojones to take on the master.

I just caught that trailer and thought it was a bit odd.

New Feeling

Django is going to outgross The Master in less than a week of release, it's going to be nominated for more awards, stimulate more discussion, and it's ultimately going to be beloved by far more people than the Master.  They're both movies with balls to spare, but if you want to put them in direct competition it's pretty clear who the winner here is going to be. 

Stefen

Quote from: New Feeling on December 15, 2012, 11:37:22 AM

Django is going to outgross The Master in less than a week of release, it's going to be nominated for more awards, stimulate more discussion, and it's ultimately going to be beloved by far more people than the Master.  They're both movies with balls to spare, but if you want to put them in direct competition it's pretty clear who the winner here is going to be.

"Fuckin' agreed, bro. If someone thinks The MasterBATER is a better movie than Django then they're obviously gay. Why else would they even admit to watching a movie where dudes are jerking off all the time? They need to go watch QT's other movies like Kill Bill or Boondock Saints and then apologize for being wrong."

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

jenkins

Saw this in an Academy screening. There were no special guests. The house did not go wild, nor even seem very enthusiastic, and there wasn't applause for any member of the cast or crew outside QT, which applause can point toward a nomination. I'm very curious about what will happen.

Confess to being sleepy during the screening (and confess I'm sleepy as hell right now) from staying up all night for Cinefamily's Telethon. Thought I was disappointed with the movie, but have found my thoughts returning to it. I think the narrative is hella basic, and that overall it's close to being a repeat of things he's done before.

But then, he's QT. And when I think back on the movie, my memories are very cinematic, and that's exciting. I think it wasn't what I wanted and that I have to see it again and not tired. That's what I think.

Frederico Fellini

Reel

Oh no, is that Lil Bow Wow? Fuck this..

Frederico Fellini

Yeah, dude. Just today I found out that lil'motherfucker is one of the new hosts of 106&park... I fucking hate BET. (No Racist)

I also hate when Tarantino tries to act black around black people. Awkward for everyone involved.

Stefen

Quote from: Freddie on December 18, 2012, 02:31:49 AMI also hate when Tarantino tries to act black around black people. Awkward for everyone involved.

Haha, the best was when he did that at the Grammy's a couple years ago when he was introducing Eminem, Lil Wayne and wheelchair Jimmy from Degrassi.

He was even wearing sunglasses indoors.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reel

I'm gonna have to watch it just to see how he blacked it up this time. He was the only white guy there. Better bundle up the Massengill tight, the douche chills will be strong with this one..

©brad

Oh my god. I made it 75 seconds.

Frederico Fellini

Pedro

Quote from: S.R. on December 18, 2012, 03:10:12 AM
Quote from: Freddie on December 18, 2012, 02:31:49 AMI also hate when Tarantino tries to act black around black people. Awkward for everyone involved.

Haha, the best was when he did that at the Grammy's a couple years ago when he was introducing Eminem, Lil Wayne and wheelchair Jimmy from Degrassi.

He was even wearing sunglasses indoors.

never forget 
http://videos.nymag.com/video/The-Grammys-Quentin-Tarantinos

(sorry that was the best i could find)

Neil

new feeling, you're right.  Only a guy with HUGE cajones would act like that.

but seriously, it's important to address what kind of conversation will be stimulated from Django Unchained, or the importance of box office gross sales (see also Avatar), or the importance of awards (see also Crash), and whether or not the fact that a film is beloved by a lot of people means anything.

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.