Hero

Started by Jack Sparrow, March 29, 2003, 12:21:56 PM

Jack Sparrow

A movie starring Jet Li, has anyone seen it? It reminds me of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".

Sleuth

Looks like the same style, haven't seen it yet.  I really want to though
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

I saw the trailer and went mad!!! Damn this movie looks cool! Like a chinesh Matrix! :-D Gotta see this.....Gotta see this!

CollinBullock

Remember that other movie, with Dustin Hoffman, where he saved those dudes on the plabe but they though it was all Andy Gracia, but it wasn't?

Man, that movie was cool...
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Sleuth

Hahaha, I do remember that Hero!
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

the movie seems to be huge and i think it is the most expensive movie ever to come out of china.

from the trailer it looked to be pretty visuelly impressive but it also looked a little bit cheesy i think but not cheesy enough to be kitchy. i wanna see it and the critics claim it to be quite good.

hooray for kung-fu.

RegularKarate

A lot of the action sequences remind me of A Man Called Hero which had large scale, yet still kind of cheap looking special effects.

phil marlowe

just saw the damn ting, and i walked out with mixed feelings. beautiful. very very impressive in movements and colour and all that shit, in fact it was much like crouching tiger taken to another level. the story was very simple and it was involving few caracters but it was told in a very weird way(and got to a plan where it felt too superficial) wich did NOT work with me. the story did not get me at all.

but you should go see it just for the fight scenes. theire excelent.

Sleuth

Is it only in select cities or something?  When's it come out on DVD?
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Quote from: tremoloslothIs it only in select cities or something?  When's it come out on DVD?

It's already out on region 1

Sleuth

:(  I don't know what that means
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

i think i read somewhere that the movie will hit the theaters in the u.s. first around november or something. something.

Ghostboy

I know a few people who have seen it too, and had the same opinon: it's worth seeing, but too dramatically faulty to rank with 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.'

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Sigur RósIt's already out on region 1
No, it isn't, it's only available on region 3.

Oh, you are rite! sorry!   :(
I just saw it at a shop in Denmark and presumed that it was region 1.

MacGuffin

In an interview with Fangoria magazine, Tarantino revealed, that he battled with Miramax (who holds the rights to Zhang Yimou's HERO) to finally release the film (which is almost 2 years old now, and hasn't gotten ANY attention from Miramax, who already had edited the film down to 95 minutes - a version that was also shown all over Europe), and to top it, he convinced Miramax to release it in its original version, which is over 120 minutes long.

This is what Tarantino said (the entire interview will be in the April 16 Issue of Fangoria Magazine)

"And I am very proud to do that," Tarantino tells Fangoria Magazine. "I had to fight for it with Miramax. I think they lost faith in it and everything. And I thought that HERO was an absolute masterpiece, so I fought with them not to cut it. Not to bring it down, but to keep it the same length as when I saw it. And finally they agreed if I would present it. So I got in touch with Zhang Yimou and he was cool with that. Yeah, he was as happy as a clam. So that's what I am doing—it's pretty much what I did for IRON MONKEY."

The Film will released in New York and LA this June.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks