FACE

Started by Elaine, March 15, 2005, 04:35:33 PM

Elaine

FACE (Losing face, finding soul)...
Opens N.Y. theatrically March 18, 2005 www.IndicanPictures.com

Starring: Bai-Ling (Star Wars 3, Sky Captain & World Of Tomorrow, Wild Wild West), Treach (Rap Artist/Naughty By Nature), Will Yun Lee (Elektra, Witchblade/TNT t.v. series, Torque)

Directed by Bertha Bay-Sa Pan in her feature debut, "Face" starts in the 1970's, set in Queens, NY. The film follows the life of Kim (Bai Ling), a timid and conflicted 20 year old struggling to sort out her relationship with her traditional mother (Kieu Chinh) when an unfortunate one-night stand with Daniel (Will Yun Lee) brings a surprise into her life. Forced to marry Daniel and trapped in a nightmare marriage with a newborn infant, Kim flees to Hong Kong leaving her daughter to be raised by her mother.

19 years later... Genie (Kristy Wu) is a 90's teen walking a tight rope between two separate worlds; that of her traditional grandmother and the contrasting, vibrant world of hip hop in New York City. When she falls in love with Michael (Treach), an African American DJ at a local club, Genie upsets her grandmother creating a wall between them. When her mother Kim resurfaces these three women are forced to resolve their betrayals and family history in order to save face.

A hit at the Sundance Film Festival where it premiered in dramatic competition, Indican Pictures has plans on releasing the film in markets throughout the nation in 2004. Written and directed by Bertha Bay-Sa Pan, the film is set and was filmed in New York City.

Produced by Bertha Bay-Sa Pan.  Co-written by Oren Moverman ("Jesus Son"). Director of Photography is John Inwood ("Daytrippers" "Scrubs"). Original music by Leonard Nelson Hubbard of Grammy Award winning group, The Roots.

For more information, please visit Indican's website at www.IndicanPictures.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

...Bai Ling is hot.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

You're no CastCall.  You lack the preemptive flare of getting us in on the ground floor with your spam.

Sleuth

hey Elaine...

Get OUT of here!
I like to hug dogs