song hopefuls

Started by Alethia, September 21, 2003, 09:39:02 PM

taintedlove

'I Put A Spell On You' by Screaming Jay Hawkins. Voodoo blues. Would work extremely well for a truly disturbing murder scene.

modage

just remembered this.  open a movie with "I Want You" by Bob Dylan, which is pretty happy and hopeful.  and close it with "I Want You" by Elvis Costello which is like 7 minutes of the most painful venomous heartbreaking lyrics ever.  i think it would be a great juxtaposition.  anyone else who's heard the elvis tune will know what i'm talking about.  ... does anyone know what i'm talking about?  anyone who hasnt heard this song, should download it immediately.  especially if you're miserable, or want to be.  even if you're happy itll bum you out.  and if anyone ever makes a movie about heartbreak, please steal this idea, since i have no intentions to ever make a movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02and close it with "I Want You" by Elvis Costello which is like 7 minutes of the most painful venomous heartbreaking lyrics ever.  i think it would be a great juxtaposition.  anyone else who's heard the elvis tune will know what i'm talking about.  ... does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Funny, I had an idea of an obsessive fan not able to get close to his idol and is out to kill her (think the Rebecca Schaffer tragedy), and this Costello song would score the "assassination" scene.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

I'm still mad at Nanni Moretti for using Brian Eno's "By This River," which I had earmarked as very cinematic, though I had no specific ideas in mind for it.

I have particular cinematic ideas for "Bailed Out" by The Auteurs... and I have a whole script heavily entwined with very specific '60s girl-group and '70s punk songs, to be used both as thematic material and as soundtrack propulsion... in a way neither literal or ironic. Vague, I know, but I'm keeping the specific titles/artists close to my vest, as it's my most cherished script scheme...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

©brad

my movie of all movies- the thing i've been thinking and writing and dreaming about about since day one-- ends w/ led zepplin's 'tangerine.' it's been done by crowe, i know... but... mine is better.  :(

NEON MERCURY

..a suicide scene  w/pearl jam's immortality.....

copyright 2003 NEON MERCURY

phil marlowe

it's propably been used before but i'll defintly used massive attacks inertia creeps at some point in my life.