Dub/Re-dub

Started by my dead dog, May 31, 2003, 09:47:29 PM

my dead dog

Alright bambinos,

Take any famous scene and redub it as you wish. What do you go for?

I'll start... The ending to The Wicker Man, re-dubbed with 'Golden Brown' by the Stranglers.

And yes, i know that the song is really about smack.
"Everything's happening so fast. It's all in such high gear that sometimes it doesn't feel like me"

children with angels

The opening of 8 1/2 redubbed with Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

The ending of 2001 redubbed with I Don't Want to Live on the Moon by Kermit the Frog. ("Though I'd like to look down on the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love, so although I might go there for one afternoon, I don't want to live on the moon")

The frogs scene in Magnolia redubbed with The Meaning of Life by Monty Python.

P.S: Is that signature quote from Gun Crazy, dead dog? Terrible road movie cliche dialogue...!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Alethia

the end of white heat with the theme song from midnight cowboy (might be interesting.......)nah

godardian

Taxi Driver with a classical score (rather then the jazz). Just to see.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.