A Scanner Darkly

Started by MacGuffin, May 04, 2004, 04:19:44 AM

Stefen

our avatars look cool together.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefendamn, when did ifilm get all bogged down with ads and corporatized? I havent been there for awhile, but it sucks now. I wont even watch that trailer, ill just wait for mac to post a link to a standalone quicktime version, fuck ifilm and fuck my beliefs.
it happened around 2 years ago i think. anyway i had no problem watching the trailer, just skipped past one ad.

yep, life is awesome.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Mmmmm, that trailer was fantastic.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefenill just wait for mac to post a link to a standalone quicktime version

Go here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Stefenill just wait for mac to post a link to a standalone quicktime version

Go here.

Thanks, MAC. Wow this looks really cool.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

Undoubtedly. It's instantly clear how much better this will work as an animated film - the suits, in particular, are completely believable in this context (one only has to imagine the same effect in live action CGI to see how much better this route is). It's gonna be brilliant.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyIt's gonna be brilliant.
i hope so.  it looks GREAT.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

Omifuckingawd.

Omi... omifuckinGAWD!

MY!  GOD!

No yeah this looks awesome.

RegularKarate

Quote from: matt35mmNo yeah this looks awesome.

yeah, no

I really like the look of the suits, but having read the book, I don't like the look of this trailer.  Too many scenes that look like they're trying to spell shit out for you.  That shouldn't be done with this.

I have some hope... I'm just a little scared after seeing the trailer (though the scrambles look awesome.)

SPOILERS (I think)

also, the trailer contains spoilers (I think)

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarateSPOILERS (I think)

also, the trailer contains spoilers (I think)

spoiker

the trailer starts halfway through the book. if the movie starts that way, with that plot, it will suck. but i think it's just another spoilerful trailer that hammers on the climax and ignores the premise. (are these really spoilers?)
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: matt35mmNo yeah this looks awesome.

yeah, no

I really like the look of the suits, but having read the book, I don't like the look of this trailer.  Too many scenes that look like they're trying to spell shit out for you.  That shouldn't be done with this.

I have some hope... I'm just a little scared after seeing the trailer (though the scrambles look awesome.)
But remember, this is a trailer.  Just because THIS seems to spell things out, doesn't mean that the movie will.  I don't think that Linklater is scared of confusing people who don't get it.

Trailers often contain spoilers and seem to spell everything out.  Sideways, for instance, hasn't really been truthfully advertised--the commercials make it look like a silly comedy with a simple-minded story about two crazy idiot buddies on a rampage through wine-country.  Basically Dumb & Dumber Go To Napa Valley.  But... well, just remember that trailers are misleading.  All we can really tell from this trailer is that the movie will LOOK cool.

Gamblour.

That was the most amazing.....I don't know what to say. Linklater has won me over. I hope now everyone will see how Waking Life was just a horrible, necessary step to reach this...fucking genius. It looks just too fucking good to be true.
WWPTAD?

Myxo

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Myxo

Quote from: Pubrickoh, u think so?

Yes I do.

:yabbse-thumbup: