Shaun Of The Dead

Started by MacGuffin, March 25, 2004, 02:51:38 PM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pubrickmy recommendation and opinion, which apparently i'm entitled to, is: if u don't like it, well then ur probably not that interesting anyway.
:lol: ....Jeez...Ok, well I think I shouldn't have laughed at that because now I feel guilty. But anyway, I really enjoyed this film and everything that Mod said I completely...um...agree with...so, yeah...Although I throughly enjoyed the experience there were two men behind me who would laugh big hearty laughs and it was slightly annoying....But, great flick.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Myxo

Quote from: Pubrickif u don't like it, well then ur probably not that interesting anyway.

:yabbse-cry:

You had me at hello..

;)

Seriously though. I donno. I just didn't like it. Notice I never said it was a bad film. I only said for me I didn't appreciate it the way other people have. I went and saw Napoleon Dynamite and got into a similar arguement on another board. Somebody was asking me how I could possibly imagine anything about that movie being funny. I just couldn't understand how he couldn't find Napoleon Dynamite hilarious. So, I can see where you are coming from. It is all a matter of opinion and yeah, you are probably right. I should see some Romero films.

On a lighter note, I have seen Bad Taste and found that whole thing funny. But, I was like 14 or 15 when I saw that so I guess it might be different now.

modage

Quote from: MyxomatosisI should see some Romero films.
*pats on back.  it's going to be okay i think.  you've got 30 days to rent the Romero trilogy and meet us in the horror thread.  theres hope for you yet!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

I wouldn't mind seeing this movie. But I doubt it'll come to the south (or at least any time soon).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

Okay, SOTD is an entertaining movie, but I don't quite understand all this hyperbole from Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, etc. over it.  Best film of the year?  I don't think so.

RegularKarate

Yeah, it's probably the second or third best

cine

Quote from: themodernage02and meet us in the horror thread.
who's us?  :wink:

Weak2ndAct

Boy oh boy, glad I saved the ten bucks and just blind bought the region 2 dvd, I absolutely loved this movie.  The only gripe I have is that it's too short!  I could have spent all day just hanging out with Shaun and Ed.  I'll refrain from repetitive gushing.

And despite Wright/Pegg's misgivings about a 'From Dusk Till Shaun' movie, I pray they do it one of these days.

modage

Quote from: RaviOkay, SOTD is an entertaining movie, but I don't quite understand all this hyperbole from Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, etc. over it.  Best film of the year?  I don't think so.
i hadnt read the tarantino one till today.  its pretty funny...

"Not only is it the best movie of this year, any year from here on in, when i watch 'Shaun of the Dead', i'll be watching the best movie of the year!"

Quote from: RegularKarateYeah, it's probably the second or third best
yeah i'd say second at this point.

Quote from: Weak2ndActAnd despite Wright/Pegg's misgivings about a 'From Dusk Till Shaun' movie, I pray they do it one of these days.
whatsthisnow?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Weak2ndActAnd despite Wright/Pegg's misgivings about a 'From Dusk Till Shaun' movie, I pray they do it one of these days.
whatsthisnow?
In many interviews promoting the movie, Wright/Pegg have mentioned doing a vampire movie (not a sequel, but a companion in tone/style) with that title.

london

Maybe it is just excited hype from the success of SOTD.  I hope not though.  I  think another movie with these guys could be good.  Look at how far the American Pie movies went.  And it is a good title.
Ten should be enough.  You think 10 should be enough?  You think we need one more?  You think we need one more.  Alright,  we'll get one more.

meatball

Wright/Pegg or Wright/Penn?  :o

brockly

saw this a few days ago and it was mostly good, but hardly brilliant. ultimately very disappointing since i was so excited about it

Quote from: MeshThe first 30-40 minutes were just fucking brilliantly funny

agreed, and if the film had kept this up, it would have turned out excellent. unfortunatly it didnt. for the most part, the whole film was pretty good, but i was dissapointed at how dry the gags got. everthing just fell apart during the last act in the pub. no way is this one of the best films of the year. still, i cant wait to see spaced.

the brilliant scenes
-opening scene & credits
-tracking shot of shaun walking to the store and back home without noticing the zombies and demolition
-ed and shaun trying to figure out a plan
-"its not the end of the world"
-shaun writing everything he needs to do down before passing out
-checking if the coast is clear
-scene mogwai mentioned

modage

Quote from: brocklyagreed, and if the film had kept this up, it would have turned out excellent. unfortunatly it didnt. for the most part, the whole film was pretty good, but i was dissapointed at how dry the gags got.
not to argue every single dissenter here, but elaborate.  which gags were dry?  how did it not keep it up?  did you not like how more serious horror elements took over from the all comedy setup of the beginning?  did you not think the queen song was hilarious?  or the payoff to 'im sorry, shaun.'  or 'would anybody like a peanut?'  or the dart in the head?

Sleuth

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: brocklyagreed, and if the film had kept this up, it would have turned out excellent. unfortunatly it didnt. for the most part, the whole film was pretty good, but i was dissapointed at how dry the gags got.
not to argue every single dissenter here, but elaborate.  which gags were dry?  how did it not keep it up?  did you not like how more serious horror elements took over from the all comedy setup of the beginning?  did you not think the queen song was hilarious?  or the payoff to 'im sorry, shaun.'  or 'would anybody like a peanut?'  or the dart in the head?

to expand on the dart...the way everyone kept throwing badly
I like to hug dogs