The Goal Trilogy

Started by Kal, May 03, 2007, 07:05:02 PM

Kal

I couldnt find anything about these movies in here. I know there are a number of soccer fans here, so I was wondering if anybody got to see the first one at all.

I saw the first one last year on a plane way before it got a short-limited release in the US. I just saw the second one today in Mexico City. I'm not sure there is a release date for the 2nd one in the States. The 3rd one is under production now.

Considering how I love soccer, I really liked the first one. It wasnt very original or great, but it was fun and well done and very entertaining. I was very happy to know it was a trilogy and was looking forward to the next ones. When I walked by a theatre today in Mexico and saw it was out, I went right in.

The 2nd one is not as good as the first one. Its even more predictable and the story is not so good. Its fun and it features a lot of big players, which if you are a soccer fan you will enjoy.

The first one is about the kid getting the chance to be a star (and making it to the big leagues in the UK). The second one of course, is called "Living the Dream", as he gets transfered to Real Madrid to play with the biggest stars. The third one apparently is him playing in the World Cup with Mexico.

Anyhow... anybody seen this or anybody cares at all?

Pubrick

sounds like the Entourage of soccer trilogies.
under the paving stones.

Kal

lol

kinda... he has the agent and his best friend who is also a player... but the agent is boring, unlike ari.

Kal

I could not find a thread about this. I think we had one, but impossible to find.

I'm not sure if anybody here has seen any of the movies of the 'GOAL' Trilogy. Maybe the European Xixaxers more than the American ones.

Anyways, the first two films are not bad. I thought making a soccer trilogy had a lot more potential that what these guys did, but they were still decent. That is until I saw the last one this week. It may be the worst film I have ever seen, plus the story has nothing to do with the first and second film. All the characters are gone, except the main one who is reduced to the background/cameo.

Really, really horrible. Has anybody seen this? Here is my review. And if you look this up at IMDb, the opinions are very accurate for the first time ever on IMDb history.

http://www.andyk.net/blog/2009/7/1/disaster-ending-for-goal-trilogy.html

ElPandaRoyal

I've seen the first two and didn't really care for any of them, but when I read what you had to say about the third one, I was kind of shocked. I mean, the second movie even ended in some sort of cliffhanger and now the characters are all gone? What the fuck?? Now I want to see this badly just to see how horrible it is  :shock:
Si

Kal

Yes, its that shocking and ridiculous. The first two are nothing special but they're fun to watch, and it was good to see the conclusion for the story, which NEVER happens of course. And I don't get how the leading actor in the first two accepted to come back and be a douche.

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on July 01, 2009, 01:36:00 AM
I could not find a thread about this. I think we had one, but impossible to find.

Not really.  :yabbse-undecided:

Merged for your convenience.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 02, 2009, 01:38:47 AM
Quote from: kal on July 01, 2009, 01:36:00 AM

Not really.  :yabbse-undecided:

Merged for your convenience.

Haha you're the man. I even created the first one, that's why it sounded familiar but it was probably buried somewhere.