Ultraviolet

Started by killafilm, January 26, 2006, 06:02:41 PM

killafilm

Trailer http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ultraviolet/hd/

Release Date: February 24th 2006

Cast: Milla Jovovich

Director: Kurt Wimmer

Premise: Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans called Hemophages has emerged who have been genetically modified, giving them enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence. To the government's dismay, more and more of the population are being transformed, and they have set out to rid the world of them.

Equilibrium was fun enough.  And having the same DPs as Iron Monkey and The Contract Killer doesn't hurt.

pete

I thought equilibrium was pretty stupid, but this looked pretty good.  none of the shots in the trailer looked hoaky, which is a lot more than what you can say about underworld 2.  the movie looked like some dude who was fed up with the recent slew of sci fi hong kong-inspired action films and goes fuck it, I'm gonna do it better than everyone else.  oh and I guess this film was shot in china and hong kong, which means better stunt guys?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Quote from: pete on January 26, 2006, 09:20:49 PM
I thought equilibrium was pretty stupid, but this looked pretty good.

I think the exact opposite.  Equilibrium at least had some compelling idea, even if they were all co-opted from other sources.  This one just looks pointless.  Better than Aeon Flux, to be sure, but still pointless.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

I thought the point of this movie was just to show aeon flux and elektra and every other femme fatale sci fi chopsocky romp how it's properly done.
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Quote from: pete on January 26, 2006, 09:55:42 PM
I thought the point of this movie was just to show aeon flux and elektra and every other femme fatale sci fi chopsocky romp how it's properly done.

I hope you're right.  A good action flick would make me happy right around now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pwaybloe

Ahah.  This is why Altman had to change his latest from "Utlraviolet" to "Paint."

w/o horse

The second movie I've ever walked out of.  I saw up to the point in which Ultraviolet is surrounded by a bunch of bad guys, changes her hair back to purple (there might have been another streak of glitter) and the camera pans down to a sword.  Which retracts back into her arm.   I think that's fifteen minutes in.

I won't even waste my time typing out how ugly it got in just those fifteen minutes.  I got a refund and later lost the $7.50, making it better spent than having suffered through Ultraviolet.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

McfLy

A rental at best. Only point to the movie is to watch uber-stylized action. If your into that sort of thing.

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

McfLy

Quote from: RedVines on March 06, 2006, 06:12:55 PM
Quote from: McfLy on March 06, 2006, 06:04:33 PM
A rental at best.

please don't.....

All right, when I rent one and get one free, Ultraviolet WILL be that free one.

last days of gerry the elephant

I'm willing to give this a try, Equilibrium wasn't bad at all, and I'm sure this will hold the same progressive style & technique as Equilibrium... or at least I hope...  :ponder:

QuoteI'm willing to give this a try, Equilibrium wasn't bad at all, and I'm sure this will hold the same progressive style & technique as Equilibrium... or at least I hope...

Please, do skip this.

McfLy

Now you know!! Equilibrium rocked, this movie...weak.

pete

"progressive style"!?  since when did ripping off Ryuhei Kitamura become progressive?
Ryuhei Kitamura directed Versus, pretty much the lowbudget zombie horror yakuza samurai comedy grind house throwback that QT and RR have been wanting to direct.
- Buster Keaton

Quote from: pete on March 08, 2006, 09:57:22 PM
"progressive style"!?  since when did ripping off Ryuhei Kitamura become progressive?

I never thought of it that way, Versus for me had a totally different feel than Equilibrium, and strictly comparing the fight scenes here - although now since you mention it, I could see a resemblance between the two however I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a complete rip-off.