Intacto

Started by kotte, November 24, 2003, 06:27:12 PM

kotte

Have you seen this? I saw a trailer this summer and forgot about...looked really cool. Take a look at the .

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, it's actually a pretty neat little flick.  You can get it on dvd.  The story is sort of "Unbreakable" meets the upcoming "The Cooler," if that makes any sense at all.  Which it doesn't.  But the movie's still cool.

Ghostboy

I didn't like it at all...there are some good scenes, but only a few. The comparison to Unbreakable and The Cooler is actually really perfect, thoguh. Except that both of those movies are a heck of a lot better (in my opinion). If you can't imagine how Unbreakable and The Cooler could be combined, then you're on the right track as to why this movie didn't work (for me).

grand theft sparrow

I really liked this.  The only things I knew about it going into it were that it was directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who did 28 Weeks Later, which exceeded my expectations; and that Max von Sydow was in it.  I hope that Fresnadillo doesn't get co-opted by Hollywood and polish turds for the next ten years because Intacto is a pretty cool movie.  It reminded me of how I felt after seeing Memento the first time.  This world where people trade luck as a commodity and gamble with luck, I get kind of a Neil Gaiman vibe from it.  It worked for me.  Unbreakable meets The Cooler is a great description but at other times, I was reminded of Kingpin, Highlander, and even Sydney a (very) little bit.

I'm keeping my eye on Fresnadillo, even though my guess is next, he'll be directing whatever the best comic adaptation currently in turnaround is.  And sooner or later, we'll be seeing this title pop up in the Fucking Remake thread, I'm sure of it.