The Paranoids

Started by Kal, March 11, 2008, 12:51:50 AM

Kal

Cine, where the hell is your review???  :whip:

cine

alright fine.

*reads off cue cards* The Paranoids is an offbeat comedy that demonstrates a fresh, new facet of the cinema emerging from Argentina...

wait, nevermind, okay.. i saw the premiere in toronto, met andy beforehand and all that. really good movie.. in terms of the director's justification for making it and who the movie was for, it reminded me of scorsese's mean streets. i'd like to see it a second time for the boxing scene alone.

Kal

New Poster for the theatrical release in Buenos Aires, October 23.

Kal

Kal

Official Site is up at www.losparanoicos.com

Check it out :)

Also get on the Facebook Fan page!!! We're close to 400 fans!  :bravo:

Kal

Check out our poster at the movie theatre... next to "Burn After Reading" and a much bigger "Quantum of Solace". :)

They're all huge, hanging from the ceiling.

Kal

ATTENTION MEXICAN XIXAXERS

I should have announced this sooner but forgot. The Paranoids is playing THIS WEEK at the "Festival International de Cine Contemporaneo de Mexico". You can check it out here http://www.ficco.com.mx/index.php/ficco/programacion/1/33

There are screeners all week starting tomorrow, so it would be awesome if anyone goes. Let me know. I unfortunately cannot go because I have to travel to NY.

Alexandro

shit, too bad i dont live in mexico city...

pete

you coming to San Fran?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

or aust... oh yeah, I already saw this.

I forgot to post here after SXSW, but I really liked this.  The music is especially great... I've been meaning to find out where I can get some of that music.

Kal, what's the process of having the subtitles added like?  Do they give you a transcript ahead of time or do they just add them?  Were you involved in the process?  Maybe this seems like a boring question, but I'm curious.

Kal

Quote from: pete on April 10, 2009, 11:24:37 AM
you coming to San Fran?

I think so. The Director is going for sure and I will decide last minute depending on how busy work is.

Quote from: SiliasRuby on April 10, 2009, 11:45:36 AM
or L.A.?

Yeah I'm already living in LA, but been spending a lot of time traveling for work.

Quote from: modage on April 10, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
or NYC?

Not for now :) The movie will definitely be in NY when it comes out in theaters later 2009.

polkablues

I finally watched the trailer.  Looks really good.  Any idea when I'll be able to see it up here in Seattle?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on April 10, 2009, 07:25:08 PM
I finally watched the trailer.  Looks really good.  Any idea when I'll be able to see it up here in Seattle?

No clue, but we will know soon at least how the limited release will start. Once it starts, it has to do well so it can expand.

*Fingers crossed*