The Paranoids

Started by Kal, March 11, 2008, 12:51:50 AM

Kal

This is my new film (I'm one of the producers). It's opening at the Buenos Aires Film Festival next month. So far we are getting amazing reviews.

Teaser Trailer Here

Directed by Gabriel Medina
Written by Gabriel Medina and Nicolás Gueilburt

Cast:
DANIEL HENDLER
JAZMIN STUART
Walter Jakob
Miguel Dedovich
Martin Feldman

pete

looks great.  whats the word on its international release?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

Thanks Pete.

We are starting to submit the film to several festivals. We needed to release it first during the BA Festival because the government there helps with part of the funding. We are going with the film to Cannes in May, and we have also a CAA agent working with us now, so hopefully I will have news about distribution soon.

My XIXAX boys who are really interested may be able to get a DVD screener from me soon. I will have some copies to distribute to friends and people who can help distribute or produce future projects.

Sleepless

Looks very interesting. Although it's just a short clip, the director seems to have an definite sense of vision. Looking forward to finding out more about the story too. Well done!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Kal

I will post a full trailer soon and more details about the story and characters.

The director is a rookie but he did a great job. The main actors are very well known in Argentina. Hendler won the Silver Bear at Berlin a couple of years ago, and Stuart has been doing TV and films in Argentina for a long time. Locally I think the film will do great, but then depending on how good it really is we can have some success in other countries where they are not famous.

ElPandaRoyal

Dude, this looks really cool, congratulations. Keep us posted about it.
Si

Kal

Some production stills...

©brad

Pas

wow looks great !

is this the end of one of the most enduring myth of Xixax (i.e.: Kal is really Richie Rich grown up)

Pwaybloe

Congratulations, kal.  This would be a big deal for any of us. 

I look forward to seeing in whatever medium comes my way.

Kal

SiliasRuby

This looks amazing. are you still in LA or did you leave, because I'd love to know what theatres you are thinking of shopping this around to in the Los Angeles area.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

I'm actually at the airport now leaving for Palo Alto. You missed lunch yesterday with me and Mac!

I will be back soon and hopefully we meet next time. Regarding the film, we are not shopping theaters around here yet but talking with domestic distributors. I met with some people this week and there is interest, but I think it comes down to how good the film does when it opens in Argentina and the reviews it gets after the festival. Also we are going to be with the movie in Cannes, so that will be the real challenge in selling it also for the European market.

SiliasRuby

Too bad I missed lunch, next time definitely. Let mac and I know if there is anything I can do to help out.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 27, 2008, 01:41:52 PM
Too bad I missed lunch, next time definitely. Let mac and I know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Silias, how can you help out? (I don't really know what you do for a living  :oops:)

Any help is always welcome!

I'm sending a screener to Mac as soon as I have the one with english subtitles ready, and I can send you one as well.