F'in brads...can we change this?

Started by metroshane, August 22, 2003, 07:53:10 PM

metroshane

Can we change this friggin' industry standard of using brads to hold a script together?  They are the most useless pieces of crap I've ever tried to use.  I've never NOT had a script fall apart in someone's hands.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

ReelHotGames

Are you using Renfro or Pitt? Because I hear Renfro's can be difficult to work with, so I'm not surprised if your script is falling apart. I personally recommend going with Douriff, he's my brad of choice. How do you go wrong with Grima "Chucky" Bibbit!

Seriously though, maybe you just need to be smarter than the paper.

Okay, that was mean, I'm sorry... We all know your smarter than paper. Oh, sure maybe not that fancy paper with leaves and string and stuff pressed in by hand... But who is.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Find Your Magali

michael alessandro wrote

QuoteAre you using Renfro or Pitt? Because I hear Renfro's can be difficult to work with, so I'm not surprised if your script is falling apart. I personally recommend going with Douriff, he's my brad of choice. How do you go wrong with Grima "Chucky" Bibbit!

I believe that "Living in Oblivion" was a documentary about the difficulties of using Brad Pitt to hold a script together.... :wink:

ReelHotGames

Excellent point. I think it is however well proven that the use of Buscemi's (small wirey objects) to keep a script together works perfectly, it just won't help the grosses or LeGros's as the French might say.

Find Your Magali

Actually, I think smoke and dwarves held that script together...

Why does it always have to be a dwarf, anyway???

©brad

phew... i saw this topic title and i thought it was an attack on me in some way.  :?

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: ©bradphew... i saw this topic title and i thought it was an attack on me in some way.  :?

it better not be, ©brad is a good fucking guy

Find Your Magali

I feel bad, though, because -- amidst the laughter and frolicking -- we haven't done a damn thing to address poor Metroshane's original question.

Is there a Brad Expert in the house???

ono

Quote from: Find Your MagaliI feel bad, though, because -- amidst the laughter and frolicking -- we haven't done a damn thing to address poor Metroshane's original question.

Is there a Brad Expert in the house???
Heh, back in fifth grade, we did a little project where we designed this informational book on a book we read.  (It was Bridge to Terabithia, not that it matters.)  Our covers were laminated, and we bound these things with a little machine that would punch several slits in every page, open a plastic black looped binder, and allow you to place all pages on the binder before closing the book.  It was very neat.  Haven't seen the machine itself in ages, but I'm sure it's probably still around.  It's what's used on all the course packets of the university I go to.  That's what I think should be used in place of brads.

ReelHotGames

QuoteActually, I think smoke and dwarves held that script together...

Why does it always have to be a dwarf, anyway???

I think we should use dwarves to hold scripts together, it's doing wonders for "the station agent"!

Toto....