I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Yeah, I didn't know it was rereleased, and I've always wanted the Criterion, but this one was cheaper, so I leaned towards it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

last days of gerry the elephant

Now all I have left to get is "The Fan" and my Tony Scott collection is complete...

MacGuffin

This week Best Buy has selected TV box sets on sale for $20 each (yes Dawson's still has a special place in my heart):

And if it's not good, I'm gonna force modage to buy it off of me:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

McfLy

edison

samsong

gob

OrHowILearnedTo

My first attempt at posting pics!

$10

$7

$7

$5

Thank god for ma & pa video stores

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ravi

Bought this and a $0.50 postcard to push it over $20 so I could use this coupon.  I don't know anyone with a Costco account I could use to get it for $8, but getting for about $11 is a good deal too.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Ravi on September 02, 2006, 12:51:34 AM

Bought this and a $0.50 postcard to push it over $20 so I could use this coupon.  I don't know anyone with a Costco account I could use to get it for $8, but getting for about $11 is a good deal too.

wait a minute, the cashier shouldn't have let you use this coupon.  the dvd was on sale and couldn't be combined with a coupon.  this cashier will get in trouble i'm sure.  but good for you and the stupid cashiers at your borders.  i got ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT season 3 for free cuz i work at borders.  suckers!!  now that's the best deal!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ravi

It doesn't say on the coupon that it can't be used on sale items.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Ravi on September 02, 2006, 06:32:46 PM
It doesn't say on the coupon that it can't be used on sale items.

yeah but the way the computers work at borders is it would override the sale price and apply it to the retail price.  the cashier must of applied it to the sale price which is possible but definately frowned upon at borders inc.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff