I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: SiliasRuby on November 05, 2006, 12:26:18 AM
Preordered these two items...couldn't help myself.

Seek counseling.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Its for a project, okay?  Okay???

last days of gerry the elephant

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Finally!!!

So glad I personally went to the bestbuy store and took advantage of their sale of the sein dvd's.  :yabbse-cheesy:

And for my gf.

The Beatles Anthology.

And not a dvd but still:

Only bad thing is that my two fave music pieces are not on the cd.  :yabbse-sad:  :yabbse-angry:

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on November 13, 2006, 12:06:50 PM
Finally!!!

So glad I personally went to the bestbuy store and took advantage of their sale of the sein dvd's.  :yabbse-cheesy:

:yabbse-angry:

I bet you'll be happy getting Season 7 yourself.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 07, 2006, 01:28:19 PM
Cars - Special DVD w/4 Toy Cars from the movie

If I may ask...

Why?

I decided to overlook that mermaid package as it may have been a gift, but I think I'll need reassurance on this one.

RegularKarate

Quote from: overmeunderyou on November 13, 2006, 01:55:35 PM
Why?

We don't ask MacGuffin that in this thread.

Also, if it's on the same page, please don't quote the gigantic pictures... just write what it was a picture of... like this:

Quote from: macguffinCars

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: overmeunderyou on November 13, 2006, 01:55:35 PMWhy?

I decided to overlook that mermaid package as it may have been a gift, but I think I'll need reassurance on this one.

Can't help it. It's the collector in me. Besides, these sets aren't much more in price than the DVD alone. Mermaid was a no-brainer for me since it's one of my favorite animated films of all time.

NOTE: Everything I list here are only gifts for myself.

Skeleton FilmWorks

w/o horse

I made my sale purchase:

$105, what I wanted to spend.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

For my birthday my parents got me...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Quote from: flagpolespecial on November 13, 2006, 07:57:27 PM
Quote from: overmeunderyou on November 07, 2006, 12:46:35 AM
the eternal present

i read about this a little while ago and i was interested in seeing it. any good?

Definitely. I too, was introduced to it by coming across a number of reviews at first. What turned me on to purchase it was a line from the Toronto Cinematheque magazine that states "A film that is sure to inspire repeated late-night viewings."
Although more experimental than films I have been watching more recently (it's not entirely linear), it delivers a fantastic plot line that is sure to keep you connecting its bits and pieces, much like a mystery to be solved. It has the pacing of the earlier works of Von Trier, with jump cuts and black outs that, which in the context of film, suggest time lapse (you're reminded of this property thoughout the film, even in dialogue). The main character is not the greatest of actors, a very mondane individual but I think that has helped out the overall mood of the film. It carries this Lynch esque, very minimal in dialogue most of the time and the score is haunting on its own.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.