I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 13, 2006, 09:50:41 PM
Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures
Barry Lyndon-I need to resee this, It's been a while.

Bullets over broadway
bananas
Everything you Always wanted to know about sex*but were afraid to ask.
why don't you just buy the box sets for both these filmmakers. it's not like you can't (apparently) afford it.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

I just might with the woody allen box set. But I already have some of the films individually.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 13, 2006, 09:54:18 PM
I just might with the woody allen box set. But I already have some of the films individually.
what i'm saying is why didn't you do that to begin with.

with kubrick at least.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...but now I have all of Kubrick's stuff that is in the box set.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Swimming Pool (Unrated)
Downfall (finally)

Redlum

Purchased with money from a graduation prize. Feels good to buy some DVDs I REALLY want. The D&D criterion certainly doesnt dissapoint.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

McfLy

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

McfLy

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

matt35mm

All for just under $27 dollars, used at Blockbuster.  Carnival Of Souls was a real find.  I hadn't seen it before, but felt like it was probably a good find, being a full-on 2-disc Criterion, and indeed it proved to be worth picking up.  A very nice DVD set with loads of features that retails for $40!

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche