Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

I haven't translated, yet.   Real deal, or not?  (Note the 2 discs!)  "Visual rendition..."

https://twitter.com/Alex_Jetblack/status/1489980253523132419

polkablues

The text is basically just "Image of the American blu-ray edition." But regardless, that picture is definitely a photoshopped mock-up of what it will look like, not a photograph of the actual item.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Ascension.

Rooty Poots

Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

HACKANUT

Quote from: Drenk on February 05, 2022, 01:23:34 PM
It's been on Amazon for weeks.

Highly doubt the one on Amazon is more than a mock up too

Rooty Poots

Quote from: HACKANUT on February 05, 2022, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: Drenk on February 05, 2022, 01:23:34 PM
It's been on Amazon for weeks.

Highly doubt the one on Amazon is more than a mock up too

Definitely. Artwork hasn't all been finalized yet.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

I immediately noticed there were TWO discs (yay), but just noticed they both were completely black--as a pizza made of licorice might be... Wonder how much that will change...

polkablues

That's definitely just the placeholder template that they didn't bother photoshopping disc art onto. And the two discs would be because the mock-up shows a combo blu-ray and DVD set. Basically I would avoid reading anything into that image.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Yes

It fell out of the top 10 but had another great hold, only dropping 2%. 614k weekend for a current total of 12.6m and 21m worldwide. Expanding to 2000 theaters next weekend following the Oscar announcement. In under 800 theaters, it nearly passed King Richard (14.8m) and French Dispatch (16.1m). It's nearly doubled Belfast (7.4m). Should be the 3rd highest grossing BP nom behind Dune and West Side Story.

Drenk

LP finally opens wiiiiiiiide in the US tomorrow and a new PTA music video will screen before the movies. Yes, it's for Haim. "Lost Track".
Ascension.

itwasgood