NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

cinemanarchist

Pixeljunk Eden

If you have a PS3 you need to download this! Much better than Flow and the multiplayer along with the ability to host your videos on YouTube makes this my new favorite thing right now. Anyone else playing it yet?
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Chest Rockwell

Best RPG of 2001!

But really, the writing in this game is fucking awesome. Made by the team that created the first Fallout. The setting for this is a steampunk world in a fantasy land, so it's like the Industrial Revolution in Middle Earth - dragons are now extinct, the "ancient gods" forgotten, human cities are booming meanwhile elven forests are rapidly thinning, and magick and technology seem to be at odds with each other. Like Fallout you can pretty much play any type of character you want, from a technologically apt gun-slinger to a powerful mage to a stupid half-ogre to a diplomatic talker to a sly thief (complete with breaking into homes at night and stealing merchants' wares), etc etc. The writing and role-playing are lots of fun, but unfortunately the combat's horribly balanced. Dump a lot of points into Dexterity and a few into low-level spells and soon you're able to kill multiple targets in one turn. If you do play it, make sure never to play it in Real Time, though. It's just stupidly fast, probably something that came out of Diablo's immense popularity.

I'm almost done with my first play-through as a charismatic mage-type. You guys, especially those of you who enjoy games like Fallout, should really give this a spin. And you don't even have to feel guilty about downloading it since Troika Studios died a few years ago.

squints

This past weekend Fallout 2 devoured my life. It really is soooo fucking huge. I feel like I fucked myself though cause I went to Vault City and started killing a bunch of people for their weapons and now I think I'm missing a ton of "side quests" cause I can't go into Vault City without being attacked. I get to a point with every RPG i play where I can see the end in sight and I'll do absolutely everything I can to avoid finishing the game. I can't put this shit down.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on August 07, 2008, 10:44:22 AM
I feel like I fucked myself though cause I went to Vault City and started killing a bunch of people for their weapons and now I think I'm missing a ton of "side quests"

You still don't really get Fallout yet, do you?

If you can somehow reload to not have done that, you will find a lot, and I mean a LOT of experience in missions between Gecko and Vault City.  Plus, if you become a citizen (either through paperwork or completing the missions between Gecko and VC) you can access their amenities office, which offers you upgraded weapons MUCH better than the shit you might find digging around the pockets of dead guards.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

i don't usually buy xbla games but braid and geometry wars 2 have been providing me with the same amount of fun as most regular games. braid gets me frustrated like no other game, though. but i always come back. anyone else playing? i think it has a perfect balance of funny and oddly touching. and the fact that i can go back to old puzzles and somehow figure them out when they were previously IMPOSSIBLE means it's doing something for my brain. i think braid, portal and echochrome are like a new sub-genre of puzzle games because they make you think in ways that cannot be replicated outside their own little world. unless you're escher. he'd probably be the best echochrome player ever.

Gamblour.

Rock Band 2, anyone?

I'm freaking out about the track list. Mastodon?! Battery, Lump, Drain You, Talking Heads, Dylan, Pinball Wizard! It's so amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_2

And I think it's coming out just before my birthday on the PS3.

After seeing and reading about the new instruments and how they've been improved, this is by far the game I'm forward to the most.
WWPTAD?

Pas

Quote from: Gamblour. on August 17, 2008, 03:47:49 PM
Rock Band 2, anyone?

I'm freaking out about the track list. Mastodon?! Battery, Lump, Drain You, Talking Heads, Dylan, Pinball Wizard! It's so amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_2

And I think it's coming out just before my birthday on the PS3.

After seeing and reading about the new instruments and how they've been improved, this is by far the game I'm forward to the most.

Yes it looks awesome. Although I wish we could turn off some songs of the ''random setlist'' in the career because the only thought of singing Chop Suey is depressing me. I hate this song to death

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

context, context, context.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on August 24, 2008, 04:58:20 PM
Anyone played the force unleashed demo? So fun.

I liked it but it's still just ripping off the gravity gun from Half Life 2. That said, the trailer at the end of the demo does look promising and I still have high hopes for the game. I'm very curious to see how the reviews are going to go.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on August 18, 2008, 12:24:04 PM
150 pictures from Fallout 3

http://kotaku.com/5037984/nearly-150-screenshots-of-fallout-3-leaked

:shock:

Sweet Jesus. 

Judging by these screens it's the best of Oblivion's interface meets the best of Fallout's setting.  If gameplay is even half as good as these screens look, I am all over this.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

my friend made the news:
http://blog.nj.com/jerseyblogs/2008/09/a_marriage_made_in_cyberheaven.html

he re-programmed his girlfriend's copy of Bejeweled so when she reached a certain score, an animated proposal showed up.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

w/o horse

Was there press coverage of their wedding because of it, or did they send in photos?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Stefen

Did she say no and cite she needed someone who could protect her as a reason?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.