Beck: Sea Change

Started by Teddy, May 15, 2003, 06:43:39 AM

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: Sigur RósThis album is so good that I wanna have intercourse with it!
i already tried.  one word of advice:  lubrication

and a really thin cock.

anyway, i love this album. but after listening to it too many times it gets kind of old. in terms of beck's more "mellow" music, i think i like mutations better. but maybe not. all his albums are so different and individual that you can't really pick and choose between them. whichever one feels right for you at the time is the beck album you put on. so, to change what i said, at the moment, mutations is the beck album i am listening to. and that's that.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

that's what I'm saying

Have none of you listened to Mutations???????

Sea Change is pretty good, but i think Mutations surpases it in every area of creativity.......lyrics, arrangements, etc
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

sea change is like sad sad sad, and mutations is a huge eclectic mix of acoustic beck funk.  i never got into the sea change as much as a lot of people did, so i might prefer mutations.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

hehe. i just watched southlander. that movie is silly.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

besides Tropicalia, Canceled Check & Bottle of Blues......Mutations is pretty sad

i thought it was odd how they used Dead Melodies in Adaptation......i guess Spike just liked it, it justs plays on the car stereo in the background

Alexandro

to quote a review I read once: "In my opinion, if you don't like Beck, we can't even be friends".

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I prefer Midnite Vultures, personally.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

myadopteddaughter

It's a tie. Because sometimes I am just in the mood more for Sea Change, and sometimes I am in the mood more for Midnite Vultures.
mmm, mmmm good

mogwai

BECK IN BUSINESS!

BECK is planning to release his new album in the autumn, produced by THE DUST BROTHERS and TONY HOFFER.

The record, the follow-up to 2002's 'Sea Change' has been recorded in LA and is currently being mixed.

Working titles for songs on the album include 'Guero', 'E-Pro', 'Scarecrow' and 'Chain Reaction'.

An exact release date and live shows are to be confirmed.

n.m.e.

modage

beck lied to me!  he promised he wouldnt make me wait so long between albums anymore, that bastard!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

i sent an e-mail to myself from work to check up on Beck.
i know the Dust Brothers worked with him on Odelay, but i'm not familiar with Hoffer.

any word on what the album is going to be like? supposedly  he has another album's worth of Midnite Vultures songs, a "the band" rock album worth of stuff, another album worth of Sea Change like stuff......all unreleased

a friend of mine told me once that he records every sound he makes , at least at his home, just in case inspiration erupts.
context, context, context.

meatwad

Quote from: bigideasbut i'm not familiar with Hoffer.

he worked with Beck on Midnite Vultures. He has also done some work with Air, Supergrass, Marianne Faithfull, and a few others i can't remember at this time

tpfkabi

well, it will probably no doubt be great.
odd that his website hasn't really said anything about it, unless i missed it.

picolas

Quote from: mogwaiWorking titles for songs on the album include 'Guero', 'E-Pro', 'Scarecrow' and 'Chain Reaction'.
i wish they all rhymed like that.