Basic

Started by Ghostboy, March 28, 2003, 12:42:03 AM

Ghostboy

I saw it this evening, and it's pretty mediocre/predictable. The kind of movie with twists that exist for the sake of having twists. Kinda like Life Of David Gale, only not nearly as high-mindedly daft. I happen to like Travolta, and for me he was pretty much the saving grace of the movie. Sam Jackson isn't in it too much, unfortunately.

It's a huge step up from Rollerball, as far as it being a McTiernan film goes, but is that really saying very much?

I wonder how many cheap critics are going to say something like, 'Basically, it sucks!' or something like that. On a related note, Larry King loves it, and If Larry King loves a movie, that means it's only kinda okay, at best -- this is a rule that never fails.

Kev Hoffman

Brief Thoughts on 'Basic'

I didn't like it at all, but must admit that is does a nice job of throwing ending together in the last 5 minutes.

The only story advancement somes through as mindless plot turns, and second-rate dialouge.

Hellova' cast though...too bad they couldn't make up for the simple plot tied around a James Patterson-like plot-twist-fest.

underdog

IT was not that bad, i like it because the whole story line..
peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

my theroy is if you do not have a good film on your hands throw in a trick ending and people will forgive ya

ok films have been turned into great films by the public because of their trick endings

usual suspects, sixth sense ,  captain ron