Sleepers

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 03, 2003, 08:51:21 PM

NEON MERCURY

Man...i thought this film was really good but ........ great cast........seems slightly underrated imo.....what about you?

Alethia

i'm one of those who underrates it......actually it wasnt that bad, but i dont remember being too impressed when i saw it.....barry levinson rarely does impress me........

TheVoiceOfNick

I actually prefer the movie of the same title, minus the "S".

Nick

modage

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI actually prefer the movie of the same title, minus the "S".

Nick

Leepers?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI actually prefer the movie of the same title, minus the "S".

Nick

Leepers?

Hahaha! I fell right into that one.

Nick

moonshiner

the modern age.....haha i know this guy who reminds me so much of your avatar....what is that of?

Sleepers is a pretty good movie, nothing i would use as a topic but  :wink:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

I'm a big fan of this controversial movie. It is underrated (along with Levinson's "Liberty Heights"). It's actually three movies in one. The opening beatifully sets up the characters and their tight relationship, bringing forth the nostalgia of the era. The second part gives Kevin Bacon his best role. And because of that, you really can't wait to get to the third part, which executes the perfect "Count Of Monte Cristo" revenge story.

I hope the WB reissues a spec. ed. because it doesn't deserve to be split up for a 'flip the disc over' pause.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks