HBO's Entourage makes me cream my pants...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM

pumba

Sigur Rós

This is Sigurboys new favorite show. I ate the first 3 seasons in two days. This series is a 100% character-driven but every character is fucking great. Jeremy Piven playing Ari Gold must be my favorite - that's where I see myself in 10 years.

Pubrick

it's kinda hard to give a shit in some episodes when the douche bags are acting like jerks over a couple of million dollars. also EVERY episode is a happy ending. when it's not, there is absolutely no tension cos you KNOW it'll be resolved probably in the first minute of the next one -- this applies to season finales maybe.

still, it works cos it's short.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

A feel good series, perfect for a feel good person like me  :yabbse-smiley:

john

There use of music is getting progressively more bad ass as well.

Well, not all of it, but when it hits....it hits.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

squints

Quote from: Sigur Rós on April 04, 2007, 12:42:25 PM
A feel good series, perfect for a feel good person like me  :yabbse-smiley:

i've seen three episodes of this show....and this quote pretty much sums up how i feel about it:

"On a scale of hilarity, "Entourage" is somewhere between a dead Christmas pony and getting raped by a bear with AIDS." - wwtd.com

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Kal

The new episode last night was pretty good... the whole situation with Ari is great right now... like the ex-girlfriend thing.

I hope they stretch it a few more episodes before it goes back to normal with them...

bonanzataz

why can't they just make this the ari and lloyd show?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

Quote from: bonanzataz on April 16, 2007, 09:17:43 AM
why can't they just make this the ari and lloyd show?

no joke. they're a great duo, and the only reason to watch this season.

b/c the rest - so boring and tired. last night's episode was about taking a trip to Napa, and which girl Vince should bring. wtf, who cares. it's the same shit over and over and over. i wish this show would grow up just a little.

Kal

lol, agreed.

i did not like the vince/eric thing this episode, and the turtle/drama thing is only funny cause it happened to me once. i broke it off with this girl cause she kept saying my dog needed to go to school. some stupid dog came looking for trouble at the dogpark and my dog kicked his ass. never mess with my dog.

Kal

anybody seen last nights epsiode? ari crying and then going back to his old self was excellent... he is better every episode.

the whole thing with vince fucking the agent was also good. episodes are way too short.

diggler

yea, i'm not digging the 20 minute episodes. last night started late and ended at like 10:23. preparing for syndication?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 19, 2005, 03:39:39 PM
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's the worst fucking show HBO has put on the air since Sex and the City... and for you that like S&TC, it's the worst fucking show put on the air since ever.
i'm sure it's been said already but Entourage is Sex And The City for dudes.  i had never really seen S&TC before but the other night i watched an episode or two on OnDemand because it was late and there was nothing on and i'm surprised i haven't heard the comparison more often.  neither are very funny, or dramatic.  its just watching people live cooler lives than you and admiring all their cool stuff.  i think it's gotten slightly better since the beginning when it was more about "whoa dude, we're nailing chicks!" and now it's a little bit more of a behind-the-scenes soap opera.  i don't know why i watch this show.  oh right, because vince's agent is EXTREMELY hot and he's totally gonna do her!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Neil

it's just fun...i mean i hate to talk, because i  suck at it. but the show is just fun, and simply funny in some situations. personally i just turn off and watch, and i enjoy that. unfortunately i have yet to see the new season, but i can't wait to see a few of them.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Kal

This show is too good... just when Drama thinks he is becoming a name star he ends up begging Brett Ratner for a part in Rush Hour 3. And I smell trouble for E very soon. Everyone talks to him like he is a little shit (and he is).

Not enough Ari this episode, but I'm happy that even after all the shows end now this one will continue all summer.