Underground Cinema

Started by Film Student, August 20, 2004, 01:52:57 PM

Film Student

Does anyone have any idea where to look?

I'm trying to find copies of the following:

Todd Haynes' "Superstar"

Kenneth Anger's "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome"

Curtis Harrington's "On the Edge"

Bruce Conner's  "Report"

Warhol's "Blow Job", "Chelsea Girls", and "My Hustler"

Ernie Gehr's "Still"

Maya Deren's "Meshes of the Afternoon" and "At Land"

Any help would be much appreciated.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

RegularKarate

Move somewhere else...

Video Vault was the only place that you could ever get any of that stuff in Norman and they closed down when I was 12.

They have a lot of that stuff here at smaller video stores (they even show it at the Alamo now and again).

Stuff like Superstar that's illegal now (Stupid Barbie) can be watched at http://www.illegal-art.org/video/

Film Student

Thanks for the help RK...

I've seen Superstar on illegal-art.com, but I was looking for a hard copy... However, i just looked on their website again and apparently you can order a DVD-R of it.  sweet.  

Yeah, Norman sucks for not having a good underground outlet.  I may just have to move to Austin.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Film Student

Thanks bro, those are great links...
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

bonanzataz

any place in the world where i can get john waters' "roman candles," "eat your makeup," "the diane linkletter story," and/or "hag in a black leather jacket"? most importantly linkletter.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

context, context, context.

Weird. Oh

After reading this book, I wanted to find two of Arthur Penn's works: Night Moves and Mickey One. Both I have not been able to find anywhere. I was surprised there was no thread on Penn but yeah I can't find any mention of Mickey One anywhere. They both sound really interesting.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

bonanzataz

Quote from: cronopiosorry, i'm of no help but taz, did you get to visit this?

http://www.newmuseum.org/Press_Office/Press_Releases/JohnWaters.htm

yeah, it was such a great exhibit. i got to see three of those rare shorts and his photography is hilarious. i wish i could own them all, though. i found a copy of linkletter on ebay, but i don't know if i'm gonna get it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls