weirdest movies ever

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 13, 2003, 03:24:36 PM

dufresne

There are shadows in life, baby.

budgie

Having seen The Seventh Seal again I think it could be counted 'weird', as in it has an aura.

I've seen a couple of other Bergmans but are any others as atmospheric (and funny) as this? There's a season on but I don't know whether to catch any more.

cine

I love Bergman films. Personally I wouldn't count his films as weird.. they always seem to relate to religious themes. Sure, its strange to see Death play chess with Antonius Block, but since its such a beautiful metaphor in the film, its hard for me to want to label it as being a 'weird' movie. When I think 'weird' in recent movies.. I think of "The Cell" and "Being John Malkovich"..

Ravi

Juliet of the Spirits is pretty weird.

NEON MERCURY

i saw this and thought it was wierd.

good choices btw....

Pedro

I love that movie.  Neon, did you happen to see that on Trio?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pedro the AlpacaI love that movie.  Neon, did you happen to see that on Trio?

nah....my brother showed it to me a while back.....
and it definately left its mark on me.. :shock:

Bruce Lee

There can ONLY be ONE......a film so weird and unexplained that its almost not a film...blah blah
Got mine though the post today on DVD, yippie! only £6 and no problems in getting it over here.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Naked Lunch, definitely.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

Cyclo.

Not the weirdest movie I've ever seen but pretty weird.  Great cinematography.

diggler

Gummo. such a bizarre and beautiful statement on small town america
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Alethia

count julien donkey boy with that one too

bonanzataz

i never saw it, but it was described to me by a friend and it sounded pretty bizarre. i'd like to see it just to see what kind of fucked up it really is. but maybe it will spark some discussion between people who have seen it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

yeah i just saw Naked Lunch and its up there for sure.  it was a movie about drugs and writing so bizarre that it made Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas look like Wonderboys.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Lance

Weirdest movies ever:

Teen-wolf
Purple Rain
Moonwalker
about a boy
baby genuises
Dr. Giggles
Wax Museum
the 13th warrior
Dumbo
Breasts are among us