Indy DVD's

Started by Redlum, February 02, 2003, 07:14:23 AM

Redlum

In this months Empire magazine in the UK, they're talking October 2003 for a release of the Indiana Jones DVD'(s). This comes with the latest news that paramount is to release their first DTS dvd this year, and judging by Spielbergs strong support of DTS, its likely to be the Indy movies. However, apparently there are arguments over how best to release them. Lucas and Spielberg want them all to be released seperately during the lead up to Indy 4, but Paramount are concerned over how well the 2nd and 3rd movies would sell, and would rather just box set them for christmas. No doubt there will be a mega box set after Indy 4 though.

Question is, do you think people would buy Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade? While I recognise that Raiders is the best film, I love all of them. TOD is just fun, right from the great musical opening of Anything Goes.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Duck Sauce

Id like a box set, but just because Id buy them all anyway, that way I get more packaging. But if I had to pick, I say release them seperatley.

bonanzataz

Temple of Doom is the one I grew up with and the one I like best. Raiders was one I'd watch every now and again, and I only saw Last Crusade once. I'd like the boxed set, but if they were sold separately I'd only buy the first two.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

life_boy

I'll buy them all any way they put them out.  I'm just glad to see it's closer to being a reality.

MacGuffin

Quote from: redlumIn this months Empire magazine in the UK, they're talking October 2003 for a release of the Indiana Jones DVD'(s). This comes with the latest news that paramount is to release their first DTS dvd this year, and judging by Spielbergs strong support of DTS, its likely to be the Indy movies.

You are correct that they are Harrison Ford movies, but unfortunately:

At long last for Jack Ryan fans, Paramount Home Entertainment will finally release The Jack Ryan Special Edition DVD Collection. Featuring newly remastered editions of The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger, plus the previously-released special edition of The Sum of All Fears, the set comes loaded with new extras produced exclusively for the collection. And in another first for Paramount, all the titles in the set except for the repackaged Fears will mark the studio's first-ever DTS-encoded releases. Each title will also be available separately. The set has no suggested retail price, and street date is May 6th.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Now why can't they use digital technology for good things. Like replacing Alex Baldwin in Hunt for Red October with Harrison Ford. And replace Ben Affleck with Matt Damon.

Those are remastered sets I'd buy.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD November 4!

The Hollywood Reporter says the "Indiana Jones" trilogy has finally been announced for release November 4 as "The Adventures of Indiana Jones -- The Complete DVD Movie Collection," a box set that will include a fourth disc specifically dedicated to bonus materials.

Elements slated for the special fourth disc include a documentary crafted by Laurent Bouzereau. "The fourth disc explores every facet of how the films were made -- from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound," said Jim Ward, vp of marketing at Lucasfilm. "We take viewers around the world to explore the history behind the 'Indiana Jones' legends."

Ward said that there will be no director's commentary tracks on the three discs containing the films: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Available in both Widescreen and Full Screen versions via Paramount Home Entertainment, the collection has no suggested retail price but is expected to be available for about $49.95 in the United States.

Specs should include the films in anamorphic widescreen with 5.1 audio in Dolby Digital and (probably) DTS formats. "We're not just putting out a vanilla version (of the film on DVD)," Lucasfilm's Jim Ward says. Look for new interviews with Harrison Ford, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and more. Best of all, no alterations have been made to the films themselves, other than digital clean-up for the DVD release. More specific information and final cover art should be available later.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sal

Finally, huh?  Hopefully they don't screw up the matting like Universal did with BTTF...   :roll:

cowboykurtis

i am pumped -- my childhood has been resurrected.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Official press release here.

View a trailer for the DVD set here.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

-  George Lucas

Satcho9

There was an article interviewing John Williams on CNN, and he talked about Indy 5 an how Spielberg wants to do it in Israel about the Mossad. I think I am going to vomit. Spielberg is gonna fuck Indy up.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Satcho9There was an article interviewing John Williams on CNN, and he talked about Indy 5 an how Spielberg wants to do it in Israel about the Mossad. I think I am going to vomit. Spielberg is gonna fuck Indy up.

Indy 5?!

Id like to than Mac for always supplying such great info, even if I dont say thanks everytime, im still thankful.

I will be the first one to buy these.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Satcho9There was an article interviewing John Williams on CNN, and he talked about Indy 5 an how Spielberg wants to do it in Israel about the Mossad. I think I am going to vomit. Spielberg is gonna fuck Indy up.

"[Spielberg's] talking about doing a fourth Indiana Jones film and a wonderfully dramatic piece about the Mossad and some of its history called 'Vengeance'," says Williams.

"Indiana Jones [IV] will be a challenge because we'll now have to recast the film with Harrison Ford as a mature Indiana Jones, if you like, and a more mature composer will be doing the score!" he says, chuckling. "Until I see a script or see the film it will be hard for me to tell how much of the early material will apply -- if any."

Not that he's going to give up the familiar fanfare. "I would have thought Indiana Jones is now a pretty well-known theme and at least will be referred to as some type of memory trace if nothing else."

Entire article here.

You are welcome, Duck. And thanks for the kind words.

Skeleton FilmWorks