the medallion

Started by pete, August 22, 2003, 10:45:05 PM

pete

I just saw it, if you like jackie chan and can withstand a really really terrible script (whew, this is like Power Ranger bad), bring a friend so you can make fun of it together in the theater.  the action scenes are pretty good, back to Jackie's old self, except for the last fight that was absolutely crap (I've never said that about any previous jackie fights, the worst I've said about a jackie fight scene was that it was bland, but this one was TERRIBLE).  I still recommend it, partially because I'm a jackie chan whore but also because I was actually really entertained by the fight scenes and some funny scenes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

The ads made it look like a lot of CGI was used for the fight scenes.  Is this true?  I don't watch a Jackie Chan movie for CGI.

pete

the last fight scene had a crapload of cgi and bad editing tricks, but most of the movie was pretty cgi free.  he's been using wires more though.  I don't care about whether or not there's cgi or wires, I enjoy his choreography and he's still got so much more speed and grace than any of them keanu reeves mofos.  there are some stunts jackie did that were wire-assisted, like running over a bunch of bikes that were about to fall, that was kinda like him showing off his wire skills, that ben affleck or keanu reeves or maybe even jet li couldn't have done that stunt even with the wires.
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

after Rumble in the Bronx..  Jackie's career in quality films went..

d
o
w
n

d
o
w
n
d.....
o..
w...
n.....

pete

I think he gave up right after making miracles in 1989.  Not that he hadn't make good movies/ fight scenes since then, but since that flop he's been only concerend with sequels and remakes and such.
miracles was a great movie too, he was showing off his skill as a director with those fancy long takes.
- Buster Keaton