Trey Parker

Started by puddnanners, July 31, 2003, 04:59:17 PM

Finn

I watched South Park - Bigger, Long & Uncut on the 4th and it was hilarious! A very creative satire. The musical numbers were particularly outrageous.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Stefen

Team America was underwhelming and completely gimicky, but that america song has me dying. I actually got it dled and everytime they say "Band-Aids - FUCK YEAH!" I lose it. And then "Books" and noone says shit, hahaha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

The drunken commentary on Orgazmo is funny, especially if you're playing the Orgazmo drinking game along with trey and matt...trey delivers a very drunk and very hilarious stab at quentin tarantino towards the end of it..in between his random screams that are reminiscent of HST on the Fear and Loathing Criterion commentary. Several drinks into the movie and Trey starts complaining that he doesn't want to do the commentary anymore in favor of going to the titty bar
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

does anyone else think of matt stone as just sum dude who latched onto trey parker (the real talent who does like 80% of the work)?
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: Pubrickdoes anyone else think of matt stone as just sum dude who latched onto trey parker (the real talent who does like 80% of the work)?
I think Matt Stone is the business brains.  I think Trey Parker probably would be out shovelling snow for a living somewhere--still inventive and funny, but would never actually produce something.

It's a director/producer relationship.  And Matt Stone's sense of humor is similar, so he provides a good bouncing board at the very least, but I get the feeling that he comes up with some good ideas that earn him his keep.

Trey Parker is probably the more creative of the two, but if you want to say he does 80% of the WORK, I can't say think that's true.  Matt Stone strikes me as a very hard worker, but probably more in the business department, organizing things and so forth.

RegularKarate

Quote from: squintsThe drunken commentary on Orgazmo is funny, especially if you're playing the Orgazmo drinking game along with trey and matt...trey delivers a very drunk and very hilarious stab at quentin tarantino towards the end of it..in between his random screams that are reminiscent of HST on the Fear and Loathing Criterion commentary. Several drinks into the movie and Trey starts complaining that he doesn't want to do the commentary anymore in favor of going to the titty bar

Don't they do the EXACT same thing in the drunken Cannibal commentary?

puddnanners

trey parker is obviously the true genius behind south park, etc. but matt stone does Butter's voice and that sure counts for something

Ravi

I never thought of them as two different people, since I've always seen them together.  

Trey Parkerandmattstone.

MacGuffin

South Park Duo Set Up Live-Action Films     

South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are moving back into the realm of live action with a pair of ambitious comedies for Paramount Studios.

Variety reports that Parker and Stone are producing and rewriting previously existing scripts for the high-school comedy My All-American and the monster-movie spoof Giant Monsters Attack Japan! Parker is set to direct both films.

My All-American will head into production in 2007, while South Park is on hiatus. It'll be the first time the guys have produced a film with live actors since the animated series began on Comedy Central. Their last live-action feature — not counting BASEketball, which they acted in, but didn't write or direct — was the 1997 cult film Orgazmo. Giant Monsters will follow, using a combination of live-action and rubber suits in classic Godzilla fashion.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: puddnanners on July 31, 2003, 04:59:17 PM
Has anybody seen his early shorts, like American History or Your Studio and You?  They are comic masterpieces.

Your Studio And You

I ran across this online today, and yes, it's funny and very interesting.  This is the text on the page that introduces the video, in case you want to know what it is before you see it.

"Before they introduced the world to Eric Cartman and friends, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were hired by Universal to create a "training video" geared toward boosting team moral after Seagram's company bought the studio back in 1995. However, at the time, no one knew who Parker and Stone were, let alone the fact that they were complete maniacs. What followed was a hilarious (and, as far as Universal was concerned, unusable) training video starring folks like Steven Spielberg, Sylvester Stallone, James Cameron, Michael J. Fox, Demi Moore and Angela Lansbury, among others.

If you're one of those people looking for a few laughs on a crummy Monday afternoon, then this is sure to do the trick ... if only to watch Speilberg act as a tour guide traveling through the Jaws attraction. Enjoy!"

nix

"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen