(Wes Anderson) Ikea Commercials

Started by Satcho9, January 08, 2003, 06:24:17 PM

bonanzataz

And this has WHAT to do with the Ikea commercials?

I never saw Igby so I can't say. I liked Sebastian Cole. I didn't see the whole thing, just bits and pieces. It was good. It didn't remind me of Rushmore because a lot of Rushmore had to do with the style and the dry wit. SC didn't have that. Lots of people on this board say Tenenbaums reminds them of Igby but I'll have to see it before I make judgments.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sbelden

apparently wes is using Noah Baumbach to co-write his next project, though owen wilson has also said he will be involved in the writing process and they'll be "using the same group of people" and filming is set to start in september.
however there's a lot of confusion whether this is a wes anderson directed project or a Noah Baumbach directed/anderson produced project...

abbey road

yea i think they are all similar, i think they all have similarities to catcher in the rye, that all kind of give them all a similar coming of age spirit.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

Recce

Man, no wonder the more recent Ikea commercials are so great. Wes Anderson and Spike Jonze. Wow.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")