David Lowery

Robyn · 197 · 47561

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #195 on: June 03, 2021, 02:27:36 PM

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #196 on: June 09, 2021, 12:52:25 AM
^it's an "interesting" crossover for me, otherwise known as synchronicity, or a phantom pattern, that I just happened to have only recently watched a movie by one of those directors, which I've previously thought about and just now bumped into the post I made about it

I watched Ilo Ilo because I had to, because I wanted to watch a Singaporean movie, and it's the first Singaporean movie to win a Cannes award, back in 2013, the Caméra d'Or, which has also been won by over a handful of celebrated filmmakers. props to wilder for having started a replyless xixax topic for this movie. it's a flawless movie and the best Caméra d'Or discovery I've experienced since Or (My Treasure). it was my first time watching a movie on tubi and the commercial experience wasn't so bad, I just fucking opened another browser window meanwhile. it took me about six hours to watch this 1 1/2 hr movie in my bedroom, which is shorter than average for me. they say that tubi makes more money off the commercials than streaming subscriptions, which can explain tubi's massive library. anyway this movie was so good I don't even deserve it

shoot, I didn't make a post about Too Late to Die Young but I adored that movie