Subjects for future Paul films

Started by Vicko99, April 07, 2019, 09:10:43 PM

martinthewarrior

All I know is it's funny but a drama (guess all his kinda fall under this description), the male lead, and when it starts shooting.

wilberfan

Quote from: martinthewarrior on April 20, 2019, 09:46:58 PM
...and when it starts shooting.

Next 3 months?  Six months?   Is there a time-frame you can safely share?

Tdog

Leading man bets:
Adam Sandler reteam
OR
Robert Downey Jr finally
OR
Robert DeNiro FINNNAAAAAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY

HoQTeMR4

Can you tell us if the male lead worked with Paul before? Thank you.

Alethia

Long-Held Dream Collab: Sean Penn
Long-Held Dream Reunion: Philip Baker Hall
Happy To See You Again and Please Make Everything Together From Now On: Joaquin!
Dream/Never Gonna Happen Collab: Vincent Gallo

This new script being contemporary, think it's gonna have anything to do with Trump? He's soaked our era so, it seems perhaps inevitable, but god I hope not.

Drenk

There's 0% chance it's about Trump.
Ascension.

RudyBlatnoyd

I don't have any insider knowledge, but given that he very recently tweeted about how he'd been revisiting The Master and thought it was brilliant, suggesting perhaps that he's been doing his PTA research before embarking on a new project, plus the fact that he hasn't made a movie in a while and might be planning a comeback role, plus the additional fact that he's a good actor I can see PTA wanting to work with, my guess for the male lead is Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Alethia

Quote from: Drenk on April 21, 2019, 08:03:29 AM

Not about, per se, but will it be set in our current Trumpian era and maintain an awareness of his ubiquitous presence, or simply take place in this time in an alternate, blessed, non-Trump universe? It's probably irrelevant, but my mind wanders.

Drenk

Quote from: eward on April 21, 2019, 09:22:26 AM
Quote from: Drenk on April 21, 2019, 08:03:29 AM

Not about, per se, but will it be set in our current Trumpian era and maintain an awareness of his ubiquitous presence, or simply take place in this time in an alternate, blessed, non-Trump universe? It's probably irrelevant, but my mind wanders.

His most political movie is Inherent Vice, and it's more Pynchon than PTA. But I think his new movie will be a revision of one of his old scripts. If it's the case, it probably won't be relevant to the times we live in. But he'll have to acknowledge technology.
Ascension.

Tdog

Other suggestions: Jeremy Renner/James Franco, since they were both considered for Freddie.

HoQTeMR4

Looking through imdb... Joaquin, Gosling and Fassbender schedule is wide open.

martinthewarrior

Actor has not worked with him before. One particularly salient guess in this thread.

martinthewarrior

Preeeeeeetty sure Renner won't find his way into a PTA at this point.

Drenk

I hope it's Fassbender even if I'm not crazy about him; all the others are not really good...
Ascension.

Alethia

Quote from: Drenk on April 21, 2019, 12:19:01 PM
I hope it's Fassbender even if I'm not crazy about him; all the others are not really good...

(Except Sean Penn)