CROWE MUSIC

Started by Wesabeck, April 09, 2003, 02:45:27 PM

phil marlowe

sigur is rk's bitch now.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: ProgWRXwell, thing is, ive explained why i believe it works, with something OTHER than "it just fits"

im have yet to read valid  REASONS behind why the music doesnt fit.

Regular Karate did that!.....and i agree with him.

Marty McSuperfly

Quote from: RegularKarateI'm sure I've commented on this before, but I totally agree with Sigur here... he's right... it's like Crowe was music name dropping... "I'm hip cuz I like Radiohead and Sigur Ros"...

The music didn't fit... I hate that everyone says that it fits perfectly because the title fits the scene... that's retarded...   Crowe keeps talking about the lyrics in the music fitting on the commentary, but the music doesn't match the scene, it looks pasted over... it reminded me of a music in film class project where kids were supposed to put new music over movie scenes... everyone did thier favorite pop song, but it rarely ever worked... they were just dropped in.

Play What's the Frequency Kenneth by REM during the "backwards and to the left" assassination flashback of JFK. Start the song at the point you see the epileptic having a seizure and you'll see it works really well. I found this out by accident, but see for yourselves...

ProgWRX

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: ProgWRXwell, thing is, ive explained why i believe it works, with something OTHER than "it just fits"

im have yet to read valid  REASONS behind why the music doesnt fit.

Regular Karate did that!.....and i agree with him.

sorry but "it seems pasted in" are not reasons, those are still opinions.

i explained, using qualities of the songs and how those matched qualities of the visuals, why they fit for me...

im looking for someone to tell me in the same way, why they dont.

you see, its one thing when someone says "oh i didnt like the way they used this piece of music there" (which is a personal opinion, and is not wrong)  to flat out saying (as if it were fact) "it doesnt fit, period. "

:|
-Carlos

Sigur Rós

I've had this discussion like 10 times on this messageboard and the PTA-board....  :?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: children with angels'Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in Space' by Spiritualized in Vanilla Sky. Crowe didn't know quite how emotionally wrecking it would be for me to have that song at that moment - if he had, pity would have stopped his hand.

And I can't help but love Springsteen's 'Secret Garden' in Jerry Maguire. That and the sly inclusion of Nirvana's 'Something in the Way' in the same movie.

Actually...I agree with you!  :shock:

Derek237

This is gonna seem way far-fetched, but i loved the song "Vanilla Sky" by Paul McCartney in Vanilla Sky.... :wink:  

He totally deserved the 2001 Oscar for best original song but instead they gave Randy Newman a pity award. Ah well.

ProgWRX

yeah i love Paul McCartney's song :) its so simple yet fun

pixar should give Randy Newman a rest...its getting SO old that he's always doing the theme songs for their cg-movies...
-Carlos