Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

gob

NEON MERCURY

bonnie "prince" billy- the letting go

gob

It's the first Bonnie Prince Billy record I've ever got and I think it's uber good.

Sigur Rós

Declan De Barra - Song of a Thousand Birds

I really recommend this record to all you guys. I had never heard of him when a friend recommended him. His is without one of the best singers in modern music - even better than Jeff Buckley.

www.myspace.com/declandebarra

godardian

The Killers - Sam's Town
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

samsong

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

Quote from: pyramid machine on September 17, 2006, 08:57:19 PM

jason molina- let me go, let me go, let me go
I'm only one listen in, but I love it a lot already.  From the first song on, I was a hypnotized wreck.

McfLy

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

Hot Soft Light is awesome. 
thanks to eMusic this album cost me $2.75
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

brian eno - before and after science

meatwad

Quote from: modage on October 03, 2006, 10:57:02 AM

saw them sunday night at irving plaza. got the new cd, and it's been all i've been listening to since. these guys put on the best show around, everybody should catch them on this tour.

def in my top albums of the year

modage

i listened to Hot Soft Light basically on repeat for the entire time i was at work today.  so atleast 6 solid hours.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.