Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

hedwig

Quote from: samsong on May 20, 2006, 12:43:06 AM
nina simone came later but she's along the same lines and just as good the best of them all
fixed.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Split Infinitive on May 19, 2006, 11:34:10 PM
I've been listening to a ton of Ella Fitzgerald lately.  God, what a fantastic voice.  Anybody recommend other great jazz singers of that era?

Quote from: samsong on May 20, 2006, 12:43:06 AM
billie holiday and sarah vaughan.
nina simone came later but she's along the same lines and just as good.

Add Etta James to that list.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

Grandaddy - Just Like the Fambly Cat

Totally disappointed with this and I kind of half expected to be. There are some dreamy moody tunes on the album that grabbed my attention upon first listen but the rest sounds like recycled poppy punk, which is not a good thing. I still love the grandaddy but it is just a shame that this is it.  :(
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sigur Rós

i went to see phoenix yesterday and they were relaxed and cool. they did like 3 encores. we are scientists also played, but i didn't pay attention to them. the best band was definetely plastilina mosh, it was unbelievable.
context, context, context.

JG

Quote from: Sigur Rós on May 20, 2006, 01:28:19 PM

amazing, no?  i think i might like it better than wolf parade. 

Rudie Obias

i can't stop listening to this.  i really like it!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

plastilina mosh - tasty
and i recommend this album to everybody
context, context, context.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

last days of gerry the elephant

NOW Playing

squints

Danielson - Ships

Pubrick

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 26, 2006, 01:19:08 PM
[late night tales air]

&

[cut copy bright like neon love]
Quote from: Pubrick on January 18, 2006, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on December 16, 2005, 12:48:33 AM
so do you put the two screens sets of speakers next to each other or just leave one playing in one room and go off to watch listen to the other, and then keep running back and forth like that..?

250 pages later, the concept still baffles some.
make that 273.
under the paving stones.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Pubrick on May 27, 2006, 09:16:30 AM
Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 26, 2006, 01:19:08 PM
[late night tales air]

&

[cut copy bright like neon love]
Quote from: Pubrick on January 18, 2006, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on December 16, 2005, 12:48:33 AM
so do you put the two screens sets of speakers next to each other or just leave one playing in one room and go off to watch listen to the other, and then keep running back and forth like that..?

250 pages later, the concept still baffles some.
make that 273.

"&" was not the appropriate choice to identify a switch between the two albums, and it didn't feel right making another post not too long after the first. I'll change the "&"...

hedwig

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 27, 2006, 09:35:02 AM
"&" was not the appropriate choice to identify a switch between the two albums, and it didn't feel right making another post not too long after the first. I'll change the "&"...

in the future just post one album in the "Now Playing" thread. thankfully a "Was Playing, Now Playing, and Will Be Playing" thread does not exist and never will.

now (CURRENTLY AT THIS EXACT MOMENT IN TIME) playing: