Interracial theme in Thirteen?

Started by prophet, March 13, 2004, 07:29:26 PM

prophet

Anyone notice that all the white girls are in love with afro american boys? Whats up with the oldfashon black on black and white on white action?

i guess white is out and black is in.

(this is not a racist observation for all of you touchy ones)
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ghostboy

It could be perceived as commentary on how suburban white girls by and large consider dating black guys (specifically: thugs) as taboo and therefore, by actually dating them, are indulging in risky busines equivocal to getting a tattoo.

prophet

i have noticed that its mostly slutty white girls not all white girls.

Thrindle

Quote from: propheti have noticed that its mostly slutty white girls not all white girls.

SO what are you trying to imply about black guys?   :?
Classic.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyIt could be perceived as commentary on how suburban white girls by and large consider dating black guys (specifically: thugs) as taboo and therefore, by actually dating them, are indulging in risky busines equivocal to getting a tattoo.
actually i totally agree with this.  even when i was in middle school i remember most of the girls seemed to be more intersted (romantically) in the black kids and when they got to high school they had sort of grown out of it.  i think ghostboys theory is a pretty good idea of why.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

prophet

'SO what are you trying to imply about black guys?'

im saying they are a inferior race j/k

im just saying that everyone should stick with their own kind unless you are inlove but dont go with other races just to experiment thats wrong.

Ghostboy

Well prophet, I'm afraid that's the stupidest thing I might have ever heard on this board and it represents an extremely limited point of view.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Banky

is it wrong to think the makeout seen was hot

prophet

I WAS JUST KIDDING! I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY THAT THAT'S WHY I DID IT MAN COOL IT.

whats that mean 'its prophet'?

Ghostboy

Well, you said j/k after the first statement, so I assumed you meant the second. Also, I've heard people say that before and totally mean it, so I assumed you were serious.

Banky, a concerned friend asked me the same thing the other day (about the makeout scene). After much deliberation, we concluded that it was okay to feel that way.

pete

once you go black, the sweeter the juice.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Quote from: peteonce you go black, the sweeter the juice.
Exhibit A as to why joining two expressions doesn't work.

Oh, and this thread could've easily been posted here: http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3018&highlight=thirteen

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: propheti have noticed that its mostly slutty white girls not all white girls.

SO what are you trying to imply about black guys?   :?

That was exactly the issue I had with the movie.  I think Ghostboy hit the nail on the head when he said:

Quote from: GhostboyIt could be perceived as commentary on how suburban white girls by and large consider dating black guys (specifically: thugs) as taboo and therefore, by actually dating them, are indulging in risky busines equivocal to getting a tattoo.

But it comes off in the movie as:

And so it never quite sat right with me.