untraceable

Started by pete, December 31, 2007, 12:05:48 AM

pete

I read a synopsis that was on IMDB.  it sounded so dumb I youtubed the trailer.
SO DUMB.  I need to watch this movie.

synopsis:
Special agent Jennifer Marsh (Diane Lane) works within a division of the FBI devoted to investigating and prosecuting criminals on the internet. Jennifer thinks she's seen everything, until a serial killer begins displaying his murders on his website. Not only that, the fate of each victim is decided by the number of hits to his site -- the more hits, the faster the victim dies. When the sinister game turns personal, Jennifer and her team have to race against the clock to find a mastermind who is virtually Untraceable.

trailer
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

Quote from: pete on December 31, 2007, 12:05:48 AM
Jennifer thinks she's seen everything, until a serial killer begins displaying his murders on his website. Not only that, the fate of each victim is decided by the number of hits to his site -- the more hits, the faster the victim dies.

this presents a new quintessential yes-or-no question of our time:

if this movie happened in real life and the murderer somehow used XIXAX to display his killings, would you continue to log in?

cinephile would.

cine

hedwig

cine

Bethie

pas rap has a touch screen, obviously.
who likes movies anyway

hedwig

cine

pervert-santa-obviously-hiding-something would.

hedwig

cine

hedwig

Gold Trumpet

To those unfamiliar with Family Guy, meet the 3 second joke extended to an unnecessary 30 seconds right before commercial break.

cine

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 31, 2007, 02:45:26 AM
To those unfamiliar with Family Guy, meet the 3 second joke extended to an unnecessary 30 seconds right before commercial break.

Sleepless

Saw the trailer. Looks awful. Reminds me of 'The Mikado' episode of 'Millennium'.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 31, 2007, 02:45:26 AM

are you kidding me?

this outstanding series of animated gifs offered more insight in a single image than FG would even attempt in a whole season. their version of this page would be a jpeg of a calculator screen with the words/numbers "BOOBS" and they would hold that shot for a solid 5 minutes with a few stammering explicatory comments from peter griffin "b-b-b-b-oobies.. it it it it it says boobies on the the the the screen" as he points at the joke. then after the commercial break he would have the calculator up his ass. --- actually, no, that would be giving the audience too much credit.. peter would just lick his own boob. again.

uh why am i trying to explain comedic genius to GT .. :doh:
under the paving stones.