Taking Lives

Started by MacGuffin, March 04, 2004, 10:27:04 AM

El Duderino

you didnt really get a good look at them either, but yeah the movie did suck
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

I didn't go to see this movie for a cheap glimspe at Jolie's body or to compare it to Eternal Sunshine, so if anyone still wants to read my review....

A routine, by-the-numbers thriller with few thrills. Another case where Jolie is so much better than the material she has to work with. The story is flat, and the killer is predictable, as are the twists which fall into clicheland. It was very uninvolving; no tension to catch the killer or a ticking clock to hunt him/her down before his/her next kill.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Chest RockwellThe only thing(s) that redeemed it were Angelina Jolie's tatees, which were exquisite.
That's depressing on more than a couple levels.
Sad but true, I'm afraid.

modage

yeah, this was bad.  not catwoman bad, but a notch or two above.  so, still pretty bad.  good cast, bad movie.  nobody rent this, please.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

ADMIN EDIT - *SPOILERS*

Seeing a pregnant Jolie getting stabbed in the stomach is wish-fulfillment of the highest order.  And I don't care if I spoiled anything.  The movie is fucking garbage and not worth your time anyway.  If you wanna see Angie get down, just rent 'Gia' again.

cine

You're gone over a month and return to spoil "Taking Lives"? What happened?

Weak2ndAct

I saw the thread, my hatred runs deep... what can I say?

Thrindle

You've been missed.   :(
Classic.

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, this place seems to have really went down the shitter since I split town :wink:

Bethie

I went to a party this past Wednesday night and a few of the idiots were trying to watch Taking Lives, but it was too noisy. So my friend set it up for people to watch in his room. No one seemed to care. Too busy chatting and doing other things, what people do at parties, you know.

Like two hours later out comes this weird kid that I thought had left 2 hour prior. My friend that I'm sitting with says, "where were you?" and this kid is like, "watching that movie..alone since no one else seemed to want to watch it" hahah. He watched it all by himself....when there was a party going on. What a lame-o.
who likes movies anyway