this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

WorldForgot

hope y'all have an all right week ~

polkablues

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that I'm currently obsessed with this song. It has fewer that 5,000 views so far, and at least 30 of them are from me. Just a sublime three minutes of music.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

"That unapparent summer air in early fall. The quiet comprehension of the ending of it all."

polkablues

It's wild how good the songs in that special are on a pure musical level. This one, "All Eyes on Me," "White Woman's Instagram," "Content"... beyond how well they work as comedy and as thematic elements of the overall work, they're also just really skillfully crafted pop music.

Robyn

That one and All eyes on me are the ones i listen to outside the context of the movie.

I think the film is incredible btw. For me the best covid/lockdown related film from the last couple of years. His other specials are good sure, but with this one he made something that felt truly original and special to me.

Jeremy Blackman

It very randomly occurred to me to revisit this song.

polkablues

WorldForgot

polkablues

Time to boost some music that doesn't have nearly as many views as it deserves:

Love this girl. Disaffected electro-punk pop with a dark sense of humor and great hooks. This is the music Machine Gun Kelly thinks he's making. Somehow only 1.4K views on this video so far. Needs more.

Very little information out there about this artist. She's Australian, she's released this song... and that's pretty much it. I get this chorus stuck in my head several times a week. At time of posting, it has fewer than 350 views. Needs more!

I posted another Tommy Lefroy song further up in this thread, and they have since released their first EP and become my favorite band, not necessarily in that order. They're going to be huge sooner than later, you might as well get in on the ground floor. This video, at this moment, is at 678 views. Needs more!!! Just look at these lyrics:

Buying garlic at the grocery the morning of Halloween
'Cause you're catching a cold and you're trying to get clean
But I joke with the store clerk, "We're looking for vampires"
And she fucking believes me
LA is crazy

They're so good, you guys. And this is probably only my third or fourth favorite song of theirs. They're all this good.

wilder

polkablues

WorldForgot