Punch-Drunk Love Vinyl Release

Started by max from fearless, September 25, 2023, 02:58:26 PM

max from fearless

This is AMAZING. I've wanted this for yonks! I need the good folks up at Nonesuch to reissue "The Master" on vinyl with music from one of the trailers. You know the one I'm talking about...

PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE, aka Paul Thomas Anderson's "art-house Adam Sandler movie," is loosely based on the exploits of a real man who accumulated over a million frequent flyer miles by buying pudding. More than that, it is one of the 21st century's most singular films, one that we return to yearly, one that pushed the boundaries of romance, musical, and yes, Adam Sandler movies.

Jon Brion's second solo score for Anderson cemented his reputation as a genius composer capable of elevating the work of our finest living filmmakers. Initiated well before principal photography, Brion's music was intimately involved in the making of the film, his rhythms at times composing whole scenes themselves. Recording sessions were conducted throughout editing, with vintage RCA mics, prepared piano and multiple orchestras, inspired by the old MGM musicals that PTA loved. Anderson has always employed music brilliantly in his films, and in PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE, the score is its bright and beating heart.

Interpolating oldies like Shelley Duvall's "He Needs Me, " (from POPEYE) and Conway Twitty's "Danny," the soundtrack also includes the beautiful "Waikiki," performed by Ladies K. We're proud to bring this intoxicating work to vinyl for the first time, with gorgeous original art by Greg Ruth.

Tdog

Does anywhere in Europe distribute mondo releases?

max from fearless

At the moment it's only available through the Mondo website. Usually Juno and most vinyl shops pick up their releases. No idea whats going on with this one though...

max from fearless