Fanboys

Started by MacGuffin, February 04, 2009, 11:17:59 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: February 6th, 2009 (wide)

Starring: Sam Huntington, Christopher Marquette, Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel, Kristen Bell

Directed by: Kyle Newman 

Premise: Four extreme "Star Wars" fans and childhood friends drive across America to Skywalker Ranch in order to sneak a peek at the yet unreleased "Episode 1: Phantom Menace" as one last hoorah for their dying friend.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I remember hearing about this on AICN 10 years ago.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

private witt

"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Stefen

Yup. And in theaters, he's going to cum.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 04, 2009, 11:17:59 AM
Premise: Four extreme "Star Wars" fans and childhood friends drive across America to Skywalker Ranch in order to sneak a peek at the yet unreleased "Episode 1: Phantom Menace" as one last hoorah for their dying friend.
this would be a good premise, if they played it as a serious tragedy about self-delusion and disappointment. :shock:

private witt

Quote from: Hedwig on February 04, 2009, 04:30:40 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on February 04, 2009, 11:17:59 AM
this would be a good premise, if they played it as a serious tragedy about self-delusion and disappointment. :shock:

Yeah, that was done already anyways.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

SiliasRuby

This is for hardcore star wars geeks, which I am. It has the undeniable spirit that geeks will really connect with. I really enjoyed it and had a really fun vibe to it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection