There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: picolas on January 20, 2008, 02:46:51 AM
imdb top 250

26. No Country For Old Men
25. There Will Be Blood

I imagine these will both go down severely once they're released on DVD and the 'normal joes' rent these so-called acclaimed movies and won't know what to do with them.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

pete

this happens all the time right - the giant, inexplicable fluctuations of ratings on that site?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

tpfkabi

Quote from: pete on January 20, 2008, 03:14:15 PM
this happens all the time right - the giant, inexplicable fluctuations of ratings on that site?

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but up to this point - especially with Blood - the people that have seen it were most likely already cinephiles. The general public generally rates anything artistic low just because they don't understand it. Country, on the other hand, has played pretty wide to this point and the general public usually can't accept that type of ending. I could foresee it going down once it's at rental stores.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

pete

my question is simpler - IMDB's top 250 constantly changes with every new favorite coming out right?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

well the box office shows the movie almost topping 10 million.. and its in less than 400 theatres. and this is without the oscars announced yet.

clearly with the DDL oscar win a near lock now, box office-wise once it expands, as well as the record number of oscar nods and critical praise, this is shaping up to be his most successful film in every way!  :onfire:

Astrostic

I'm not sure of how accurate it is, but I've found the site DVD Aficionado to be a pretty reliable source for DVD release news, and they just updated the DVD release for TWBB as being April 15, 2008.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

gad zooks. must be anticipating oscar hype translating into dvd sales. i hope it's not a rushed unspecial edition.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on January 21, 2008, 10:49:38 PM
gad zooks. must be anticipating oscar hype translating into dvd sales. i hope it's not a rushed unspecial edition.

It'll just have lots of interview segments with PTA sitting there quietly and DDL laughing uncomfortably.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Something Spanish

grand theft sparrow

I'm fearing that PTA will get snubbed on a Best Director nod today.  Just a shitty feeling I have.  Hope I'm wrong.

cine

he'll get the nod. count on it. i'm predicting 6 nominations.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Shaun Digi on January 22, 2008, 05:35:36 AM
it most definitely has a commentary! get ready, son!

Serious?

By the way, it will get 7 nominations, or maybe even 8, if they go crazy and have Paul Dano love. He's great in TWBB even though I haven't seen the movie.
Si

Sleepless

Best Picture, Best Director, Adapted Screenplay, and DDL so far...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.