Will Eisner’s The Spirit

Started by MacGuffin, May 16, 2007, 12:44:18 AM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pas Rap on January 03, 2009, 09:39:23 AM
Anyone saw this yet ? It looks so terrible, I want to know just how awful it is, does it become good again ?
Oh hell yeah. This goes in my so bad its amazing category. Jesus christ. The dialogue was soo fucking terrible it had me howling with laughter. So many beautiful women, such a great look, such an abominable movie. Well to put it in another way, its 'cool world' (does anyone remember that movie?) on CGI crack with actual actors instead of wannabe tex avery cartoons. There's something so dreadful about the writing, it makes you think how many favors were pulled in to make this. The overall premise of this specific film noir comic is above average but the execution and writing is so dismal, it makes you want to cry and choke with bitter guffaws.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

i couldn't get beyond how terrible EVERY performance was. scarlett has become one of the most uncomfortable/oblivious actors i've ever seen. eva mendes must be stopped as well. i would not be surprised if she was reading her lines off poorly-handwritten cue cards. the fat italian lispy guy from 24/sopranos gives the most annoying performance of the year hands down. miller's cameo is very revealing as far as how little he understands about what makes a good performance. you'd never think this shamelessly campy guy who directs absurdly terrible performance after performance wrote the dark knight returns. if it weren't so visually crazy i would have turned it off right away. i get the sense miller didn't have to compromise much at all in making this so it's still a pretty interesting failure. and occasionally you can see why the comic may have deserved a movie. i just found it so difficult to tear myself away from the spectacle of all the bad performances.

ps. i watched this for free.

squints

just watched this (for free of course) on blue ray and good god was it horrible. how did this get made?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

It completely made me appreciate Robert Rodriguez even more. Because this flick was a complete 180 of Sin City. This was nothing but ham and cheese. All the performances were so completely over-the-top, Jackson taking the cake. Scarlett and Mendes continue to prove to me that they have no acting skills whatsoever. It so wanted to be noir, but even as a parody, it couldn't even come close to Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks