Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

picolas

Quote from: Cinephile on March 07, 2009, 12:55:45 AM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 06, 2009, 09:56:50 AM
Or will they reference RIchards screw up in L.A.

highly doubt it. thats old news and i dont think richards would OK something like that being rehashed..
how can you get around referencing that? of course it will be referenced. it's the only notable thing that's happened to him since.

cine

i dont know. i think Curb has covered that subject matter enough over six seasons.

john

Plus, based on the world they've established, they don't really have an obligation to address the whole Richards incident. Most people are playing themselves, but they are playing fictional versions of themselves with fake wive and, sometimes, filmographies and projects that don't exist in the real world.

Doing something on the Richards deal, while amusing, isn't at all necessary.

Really excited for this upcoming season,. This, along with Eastbound and Down, put HBO in the top tier of television comedy. I don't know what ever happened to the proposed Kanye West/Larry Charles show... but I imagine that couldn't have been to bad, either. Maybe.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

No way will they bring up the Richards racist incident. This show is better than that. Larry will have some creative story arc planned for the reunion. The lazy way out would be referencing something easy like said incident. It'll probably be something out of left field like them all getting put in jail in some small town over a minor offense.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

Quote from: Stefen on March 08, 2009, 01:38:33 AMThe lazy way out would be referencing something easy like said incident.
what's lazy about it? it's going to be a really tough reference. sure their reunion probably won't be built around it, but it'll be such an elephant in the room if no one says anything.

hedwig

i agree with picolas, although i disagreed with picolas when he said richards wasn't racist. i hope they reference it, HARD.

cine

if i was richards or part of his management team, i would recognize that the guy hasn't gotten any work because of the racist thing and that it was easily the worst time of the guys life. so to play his next role as a guy who is reminding everyone and educating new people about what happened to him three years ago... again, i find it hard to believe that it needs to and will be referenced. it was done to death in the news back then and even jerry made a point to go out of his way to support richards on letterman and say that he's a good man and to all put it behind us.

picolas

Quote from: Cinephile on March 08, 2009, 10:42:50 PM
if i was richards or part of his management team, i would recognize that the guy hasn't gotten any work because of the racist thing
as far as i know richards had one very short-lived show post-seinfeld and that was it. he had been out of real work long before the rant. the letterman/seinfeld thing is a good point but this isn't seinfeld's show. i think if anyone can make that reference work somehow it'll be david. he'll succeed where gervais failed.

hedwig

richards is gonna reference the fact that he hasn't gotten any work since the racist thing and cinephile's gonna feel right and wrong at the same time. :|

MacGuffin

TCA Press Tour: 'Seinfeld' reunion comes together on new season of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'

After years of saying no to the idea of a "Seinfeld" reunion, Larry David told reporters why he conceded and wrote a reunion into the upcoming season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm":

"I always said no. We would never do that, it's a lame idea. And then I thought it might be very funny to do that on 'Curb.' And I kept thinking about it, and started to think of different scenarios. I called Jerry, and Jerry was game. I called the others, and we did it."

But why would on-screen Larry do the reunion? one reporter asked.

"That's a very good question, and that will be answered in one of the episodes," David said. "That's a big thing, because I would never do that, so there was a compelling reason why I decided to do it."

"Seinfeld" shouldn't expect a full reunion episode, rather, viewers will see David and Seinfeld writing the episode, aspects of the read-through, parts of rehearsals and the show-within-the-show being filmed.

"You'll get an idea of what happened [to the characters] 11 years later," David said. "You won't see a show from beginning to end, but you'll see parts of it."

Audiences will also see the cast members playing themselves on "Curb," which raises the question, will the subject of the Michael Richard debacle make its way into the series?

"It's possible," David teased. The reunion show will play out in "Curb's" season finale, which could be expanded into a one-hour episode.

From the looks of footage screened for critics Thursday afternoon, David's on-screen wife Cheryl (Cheryl Hines), whom he separated from last season, will be back, as well as Loretta Black (Vivica A. Fox) and her family. "I don't want to say how many shows, but you'll be seeing her," he said. Also, Rosie O'Donnell will be back as a guest star -- and she and Larry will come to blows.

"She's hilarious," David said. And a force, too. "She's very formidable physically."

Asked whether "Curb" will keep going after this season, David, as he so often does, demurred. It's always about coming up with a new arc, he said. "It's a concern. [This season] is going to be tough to beat, I can tell you that."

The outlook could be good. David said that "Curb" has been good for his neuroses, after one journalist told him he looked happier than usual.

"I was talking to someone earlier, and I was saying that this Larry is kind of melding with "Curb" Larry. I love "Curb" Larry. Always hated this Larry," he said, gesturing to himself. "So yes, I am a little happier!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I can't wait!

Watch the preview video on HBO.com is not much but better than nothing

Stefen

Did anyone watch that half hour preview they did? This season should be awesome. All signs point to them doing the Seinfeld reunion the right way i.e. in a Curb way.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

do you have hbo or did you steal it?? all I could find were private torrents at mininova  :yabbse-angry:

Stefen

I watched it at a friends house. There's gotta be a torrent around....

pumba