Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

matt35mm

Just finished season 6.  Truly a magnificent ending!  Glad to hear that there will be a season 7, although I would've been pleased if the whole show had ended this way.

Kal

Season 7 CONFIRMED - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Curb Your Enthusiasm fans will have a lot to celebrate, very probably enthusiastically, thanks to Larry David's announcement that he is bringing the show back for a seventh season. But it's not coming till next year, so curb your celebration.
HBO plans to air the new season beginning in early 2009. The sixth season ended in November of last year, meaning the show's fans will have lacked Enthusiasm for more than a year by the time the series returns.

Curb Your Enthusiasm was created by and stars Larry David (playing himself) as he winds awkwardly in and out of everyday encounters with his co-stars and guests. Largely unscripted, the actors instead receive scene outlines, making up the (often hilarious) dialog as they go. In the new season, recurring co-stars Cheryl Hines (as Larry's wife, Cheryl David) and Jeff Garlin (as Larry's manager, Jeff Greene) are expected to reprise their roles.

According to HBO West Coast president Michael Lombardo, David is "excited about it." Curb your excitement there, Larry, and get this show on the road. We'll be waiting.

In the meantime... watch this:

MacGuffin

'Curb' to resume production in Dec.
HBO comedy booked for 10 episodes in 2009
Source: Variety

HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will be back in production in December, with 10 season-seven episodes slated for next year, sources close to the series said.

The pay cabler has yet to release an airdate or exec producer lineup for season seven of the comedy skein created, exec produced and starring Larry David.

Half-hour's season-six finale aired in November of last year -- a lengthy break, but not as pronounced as the 21-month gap between seasons five and six.

Launched in October 2000, series is the longest running in the HBO lineup.

Winner of the 2003 comedy series Golden Globe, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" was nominated for four Emmys this year, including series, guest thesp (Shelley Berman), casting and editing.

Finale left off with Larry still separated from wife Cheryl (Cheryl Hines) and hooking up with house guest Loretta Black (Vivica A. Fox), although it was left unclear as to whether that was a dream sequence.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'Seinfeld' alums guesting on HBO's 'Curb'
Foursome set for several episodes of Larry David series
Source: Hollywood Reporter

"The Seinfeld" Five are reuniting on Larry David's HBO comedy "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

The four stars of the hit NBC comedy -- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards -- will appear together, playing themselves, in a multi-episode arc alongside David.

The episodes are part of "Curb's" upcoming seventh season.

David co-created "Seinfeld" with Seinfeld and served as an exec producer on the show, which he left after the seventh season but returned for the season finale. He is credited as one of the strongest creative voices behind one of the biggest shows on television.

The news of the "Seinfeld" reunion was first reported by EW.com.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

This is going to be awesome

cine

holy christ. i'd been waiting for richards to show up. this is gonna be fucking incredible!

Bethie

When Larry when?!! Curb is the only reason I even signed up for HBO.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

Man......Great......I'm speachless....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

I was a little disappointed in season 6 and kind of felt Larry should have ended it after season 5 because the first 5 seasons are perfect, but this news is awesome. I can't wait to find out what the story arc will be. I wonder if it involves them all trying to revive the show.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

Quote from: Bethie on March 06, 2009, 01:45:31 AM

hey Bethie, add this with malick and pj as anorther reason to live!!  :yabbse-grin:

SiliasRuby

Or will they reference RIchards screw up in L.A.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on March 06, 2009, 09:38:50 AM

hey Bethie, add this with malick and pj as anorther reason to live!!  :yabbse-grin:

And The 2009 Xixax Awards!!!

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

mac, stick to your day job. leave the suicide prevention to the professionals.

Bethie

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 06, 2009, 11:11:56 AM
Quote from: Fernando on March 06, 2009, 09:38:50 AM

And The 2009 Xixax Awards!!!

HAHAHA! my friend saw Curb for the first time yesterday and said to me, "he's like the male version of you"  i'm only larry sometimes.
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 06, 2009, 09:56:50 AM
Or will they reference RIchards screw up in L.A.

highly doubt it. thats old news and i dont think richards would OK something like that being rehashed..