Quote from: Chest Rockwell on August 10, 2006, 03:17:25 PM
Some Plaid
Death in Vegas - The Contino Sessions
Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By
just one thanks.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Van Morrison-Moondance
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samsong

Pubrick

underworld - i'm a big sister, and i'm a girl, and i'm a princess, and this is my horse

good
under the paving stones.

sean lennon - friendly fire
context, context, context.

Sigur Rós

Jackson and his computer band - smash

decemberists- the crane wife
context, context, context.

modage

i listened to Underwear about 40 times today.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

I'm listening to Christina's "Back to Basics" as well -- so far, I think the second disk is stronger.  I really like "Hurt", "Save me from myself", and "The Right Man".   It's an ambitious record, for sure.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gloria on August 17, 2006, 12:00:37 AM
I'm listening to Christina's "Back to Basics" as well -- so far, I think the second disk is stronger.  I really like "Hurt", "Save me from myself", and "The Right Man".   It's an ambitious record, for sure.

I didn't really care much for the first part of disc 2; there's a nice nod to the Andrew Sisters, but some of the lyrics in these top tracks are kinda corny. But from Hurt on, it's solid. Overall, though, I think it's an excellent album.  Being a fan of The Supremes and Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound, etc., I really like the styles of sound she used.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

samsong

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 17, 2006, 12:09:07 AM
Being a fan of The Supremes and Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound, etc., I really like the styles of sound she used.

you'd like The Pipettes.

MacGuffin

Quote from: samsong on August 17, 2006, 05:05:16 AMyou'd like The Pipettes.

Thanks for the recommendation. They're like a blend of The Ronettes and Dusty Springfield.  :yabbse-thumbup:

I even like the Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls homage of the Pull Shapes video.

Skeleton FilmWorks