oLd sChOoL cArToOnS!!!

Started by cron, April 26, 2004, 06:47:05 PM

SoNowThen

I - LOVED - that - cartoon!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Raikus

Be thankful WB doesn't air it today. It would be the FRESH Ghostbusters.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Bethie

This topic is so fun. haha. "Doug" was the cool. I loved that show. The theme song always is stuck in my head. How could you not like, Sceeter, Pork Chop, Pattie Mayonnaise, Roger, THE BEETS!, Bebe, ahhh it was grand.

All the shows I watched have already been mentioned- Tiny Toons, Ducktales, Chip & Dale, yeah. Convos about old TV shows are my favorite.  8)
who likes movies anyway

Quote from: BethieConvos about old TV shows are my favorite.  8)

I've noticed it's becoming a clichéd thing to talk about among us adolescents.
context, context, context.

Bethie

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: BethieConvos about old TV shows are my favorite.  8)

I've noticed it's becoming a clichéd thing to talk about among us adolescents.

Damn cliché adolescents to hell. Straight to hell, I say.

:oops: *is now slightly embarrassed for loving to talk about the old days*
who likes movies anyway

El Duderino

i was addicted to Captain Planet for quite some time.

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SoNowThen

The blonde girl was hot. I always tuned in hoping to see an episode where the American guy finally got it on with her...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

A World Apart

my fav. old cartoons:
- definitely Captain Planet, the power is yours!
- Turtles, they are the worlds most fearsome fighting team
- Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder CATS!!! (was Cheetara hot or what)
- G.I. Joe, cuz knowing is half the battle
- Transformers, more than meets the eye
- Jem, who doesn't want a pair of magical earrings
- my little pony/care bears/popples/rainbow bright (they were all pretty similar)
- fraggle rock..not a cartoon, but might as well have been
- winnie the pooh, cuz pooh is quite the philosopher (read the Tao of Pooh or the Te of Piglet)
- gummi bears, bouncing hear and there and everywhere
- smurfs!!! i smurfed this smurfy show, it was s***fing awesome
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

cine

Quote from: A World Apart- fraggle rock..not a cartoon, but might as well have been
Actually it was also an animated series too..

A World Apart

wow...i didn't know that. I must have been living under a rock......
A FRAGGLE ROCK!!
hahahahaha
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Sleuthwhat do you mean :?:

oh, what he/she means is that when someone uses the  exspression.."i have been living under a rock", it means that he/she isn t in tune w/  the outside world or may not be aware of certains things that that have happened.or are happening now ...he/she was not aware that fraggle rock was also an animated series....so to keep with the subject of fraggle rock, he/she made a joke by saying that he/she s been living under a 'fraggle' rock.and was not aware of the animated series.........

....you know i m just messing with ya sleuth..... :wink:

Sleuth

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BACK NEON, I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SleuthGET THE FUCK OFF MY BACK NEON, I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT

:(

cowboykurtis

who saw the chuck norris and GI Joe animated features - I was all about those.

duck tales was great as well--

a little sidetrack from the animation - there was this live action show/movie with this seaweed guy who had two buck teeth and lived in some straw hut on the beach - anyone recall what this was?
...your excuses are your own...