Best Scream Queen

Started by Banky, October 30, 2003, 09:14:11 PM

Banky

Who is the best recurring scream queen/character of all time?

SHAFTR

Jamie Lee...no question.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

i thought about adding many more but i wanted the ones who really encompased their franchises

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRJamie Lee...no question.

Her mother paved the way for all those on the list...end of thread.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SHAFTRJamie Lee...no question.

Her mother paved the way for all those on the list...end of thread.

i had her on the list but then took her off because it wasnt really what i wanted.  I mean you remeber her as a kill but not as a character.  The others embodied the series and really represented them.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyI mean you remeber her as a kill but not as a character.

Says you. If you didn't feel for Marion Crane after she's stabbed in the shower, you didn't see Hitch's point that she was a fully developed character that you think you're going to follow for the entire film and nothing will happen to her, so it's a shock when she's gone and the focus shifts to Norman Bates - the killer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

Neve Cambell defined a generation with her scream queeniness... maybe JLC did it in the past, but i'm talking about more recent times...

SHAFTR

Says you. If you didn't feel for Marion Crane after she's stabbed in the shower, you didn't see Hitch's point that she was a fully developed character that you think you're going to follow for the entire film and nothing will happen to her, so it's a shock when she's gone and the focus shifts to Norman Bates - the killer.

I agree.  Do you think Hitch was inspired at all by L'Avventura where the big star of that film disappears after the first 10 minutes and she is never found.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Fernando

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickNeve Cambell defined a generation with her scream queeniness... maybe JLC did it in the past, but i'm talking about more recent times...

For some reason this reminded me of this Seinfeld episode.

GEORGE: Bozo?

ERIC THE CLOWN: No.

GEORGE: B-O-Z-O?

ERIC: Sorry, I...

GEORGE: You've never heard of Bozo the Clown?

ERIC: No!

GEORGE: How could you not know who Bozo the Clown is?

ERIC: I don't know, I just don't.

GEORGE: How can you call yourself a clown and not know who Bozo is?

ERIC: Hey, man - what are you hassling me for? This is just a gig, it's not my life. I don't know who Bozo is, what - is he a clown?

GEORGE: Is he a clown? What, are you kidding me!?

ERIC: Well, what is he?

GEORGE: Yes, he's a clown!

ERIC: Alright, so what's the big deal! There's millions of clowns!

GEORGE: Alright, just forget it.

ERIC: Me forget it? You should forget it! You're livin' in the past, man! You're hung up on some clown from the sixties, man!

GEORGE: Alright, very good, very good...go fold your little balloon animals, Eric. Eric! What kind of name is that for a clown, huh?

Banky

well i am of a generation in which you already knew what was going to happen in Psycho before it did.  I mean with your rationale you could say Drew Barrymore is worthy of the title, but she is not.

John Faverau is Eric in that episode by the way

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyI mean with your rationale you could say Drew Barrymore is worthy of the title, but she is not.

But Drew was not a fleshed out character and only lasted 10 minutes.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

thats true but the starpower had a very similar affect

Alethia

i know people who watched scream simply to see her be killed in the first ten minutes, many didnt watch past that part.

aclockworkjj

I like Scream...a lot, in fact I surprise myself in the sense, normally not my kinda deal.

Jen love...I can't stand her tho.  She works in this film, but overall...yuck.